Friday 19 February 2010

¡Feliz Viernes!

Nothing special to report on really. But I've been a busy bee this week working on various arty projects so I thought I'd share the results with you :)

I made two notebooks this week, both from felt with whichever other arty supplies I could find. One is travel themed (top, second from left) while the other is sorta romance themed (bottom, first from left). All of this also included a trip to Spring Green Garden Centre's Craft Cabin and Hobbycraft at Crown Point, but oh well. The Hobbycraft visit included two car journeys at night time - which is something I LOVE doing so I was a very happy girl that evening :)

This afternoon, I also made some cookies. My original inspiration came from i am baker and also Bake at 350 - both wonderful blogs full of yummy treats that both gave me cookie envy last weekend. Anyway, I went with a Spanish/Eurovision Song Contest theme for my cookies (I don't know why though). My favourites have to be the ''Feliz Viernes'' one and the one that says ''Cause I got something to believe in'' because it's one of my absolute favourite songs (and a Eurovision song, hence the theme). You can listen to it here.
(Note: the final Eurovision version is a tad different, you can watch that version here instead. The vocals aren't as good as they usually are, but I put that down to the sound quality of the show itself, I don't recall anyone having amazing vocals that night. He's apparently planning to enter the Russian national final again this year and I hope he does - he won the whole contest last time he took part...)

Tomorrow I plan to edit my English homework, write out a few verbs to learn for my Spanish speaking exam in April then sit around doing nothing/reading. What are your weekend plans?

Anyways, Feliz Viernes/Happy Friday everybody! :)
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. I would half of hoped by now the bakery girl in San Lorenzo would have made me a Te Amo cookie but sadly not yet!! She did bake a birthday cake for me and shared it with her friends tho!! (Postage from Paraguay would have mashed it otherwise)
    Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww damn ): Maybe you should ask her to? :P Actually, that would sort of kill the romance of it all off really wouldn't it?
    + You too :)

    ReplyDelete