Thursday 11 August 2011

30 Days

Today marks 30 days, roughly a month, until I get to see a friend I haven't seen in about 4 years. Am I excited? YES!

It has been WAY too long since moments like this (see pic). My very first blog post was about her and how our friendship came to be. To sum up our friendship perfectly, here's a quote from that post:
"We left a strange boy from our class on top of her climbing frame at a party once, but I think we can be forgiven considering he always claimed he was from Mars..."

We really did just become best friends the moment we met. Her, her mum, and her little sister Gemma visited my primary school for the day because they were moving up to Yorkshire soon and were looking at potential schools for Rachel (and eventually, Gemma). We played together all lunchtime and then I remember just hoping she'd join our school for months until she finally did - and that was it, the start of a beautiful friendship :) :P

She moved to Melton Mowbray in 2003/2004 and we visited each other's houses whenever we could, and then in high school we kind of drifted. Then, last year, she was having a really rough time with some problems that were going on and we ended up talking (one of the few good things about Facebook) and she sent me the sweetest message anybody has ever sent me. And yeah, I cried a little a lot. Haha.

I never really get excited about anything. But this? I'm already counting down until the morning TV duo (don't even ask...), name twins and bad influences (on each other) are reunited. Aren't birthdays the best?

Besos  
Rachel
 

No comments:

Post a Comment