Friday 29 January 2010

Everybody Needs a Challenge...

I have been set a challenge, a challenge of blogging sorts. Okay, so technically I did ask for the 'challenge' and technically it was my idea, but whatever. I'll reveal the challenge at the end of the post, though it's mostly for the amusement of Aiden Moore, my slightly mental friend who has a complete and total obsession with Japan, Geisha girls, sushi and all that comes with it.

I should probably point out right from the beginning that there is no major message from this post, though warn you that if I end up rambling, you may find one yourselves. I also suppose that now might be a good time for you to get to know me a little better, so here we go...

I study Spanish, Food Tech, Business Studies and Applied ICT at GCSE, alongside the usual compulsory subjects. When I first began them at the beginning of Year 10, I think my parents thought I'd become some sort of culinary genius, I still have trouble making a cup of tea and not spilling it all over the counters, floor, and my own foot, when I pick it up. I still find it a physical impossibility to open a can without completely butchering my fingers in the process, and it's still a novelty being able to operate the oven and electric whisk in class (though to be fair, the oven I have to use only has one temperature setting...so y'know). My Spanish is going well though, and has lead me to find a love of languages (mock all you like, people, but I bet you can't say ''cows have drunk his brain'' in Croatian, can you?!) It is rubbish, though, when all you seem to learn is the key vocab of the language, I can't even begin to explain the amount of times I've had to tell my teacher that I have a cream coloured living room.

I live in a very dull village in the middle of nowhere, where it always rains and there's never any sunshine, I don't remember the last time I looked into my garden and saw an actual flower, as opposed to an actual weed. My neighbourhood/estate is a source of amusement though, we have several 'characters' who I'm sure I will post about at some point. For now, I'll just leave you with the legacy of 'Wood Man', the genius who lives round the corner to me who likes nothing better than to create a wood shack first thing in the morning. I've spent too many Saturday mornings waking up to the sound of a drill and a hammer. In fact, I've spent too many Saturday afternoons searching for aspirin. Lovely.

Seen as Aiden and I are currently debating this now, I'll end the post with a message to anyone reading this. Please, if you're going to own an iPod, listen to the radio, watch music channels or search YouTube, don't ever, ever, let Lady GaGa enter the equation.

With frustration, anticipation and what is hopefully success,
Rachel

[Okay, so the post is over now and I can explain the 'challenge'. Basically, Aiden gave me a list of ten words that I had to fit into a blog post. I'm not entirely sure if I've succeeded in doing this in a good way or not, but hey, I gave it a shot, right? When you read this, Aiden, I think you should sign onto your blog account and do the very same thing...I'll set you the challenge this time.]

No comments:

Post a Comment