Friday 2 July 2010

College

Induction day was, well, as expected really. My form is more decent than I thought it would be but my tutor seems to take hours to say something that most people would say in a minute. There were two girls I chatted to while we were on our tour who seemed nice - they're both friends of friends...sort of. Lunchtime was pretty hideous as we got subjected to ''New College's Got Talent" which involved a nerdy guy singing too loudly, a group of breakdancers who tripped over the curtain each time they entered/left the stage and a guy solving a rubix cube and juggling badly - we left before the end. I also spent about an hour queueing for my student ID photo next to a guy in my form who is loud, annoying and didn't shut up.

English language was pretty dull, we just talked about adverbs, verbs, adjectives, literary techniques and nouns - how fun! I did learn what 'sibilance' is though, so that's something. I sat next to a girl who told me she liked my homemade bracelets but I know three people in the class so that was good. Spanish was a bit dull but I know three people in there too. We got set two rather large pieces of homework so I wasn't very impressed with that but I can just use some of my GCSE stuff for part of it so it won't be that bad.

Psychology was the highlight of the day. I was in with a girl I know and also a boy I know. We got split into groups and had to read about 1960s (approximately) psychological study methods and answer questions such as ''why is this unethical?'' The teacher seemed OK and he seemed impressed at the answers me and the other girl came up with so I'm looking forward to starting it in September. Media was also a little dull and I also arrived late due to the fact that psychology and media are at completely opposite ends of the campus and we ran over in psychology. Ugh. Anyway, it was OK but didn't really give me a decent idea of what it's going to be like. Oh well...

The bus driver was an idiot on the way home but overall I think I survived my first proper college bus experience. I know plenty of people catching that bus so it should be fine once September comes around. I also saw somebody who works at school but is also working at college full time from September, so that was quite odd because it was just really weird seeing him there randomly.

I don't think I'm going to like my college form as much as my high school one, and I definitely won't like my college tutor as much as my high school one (no where near...) - but I'm going to have to continually remind myself that my new one's role is different to my old one. I'd have preferred induction to have been before prom, because it reminded me even more that school is over and I was already really feeling that already. I also have Croatia this time next week, and time just feels to be going way too fast. Ugh. I need a holiday (which, for the record, Croatia definitely isn't...)

Besos
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment