Sunday 9 October 2011

Commitment

My laptop has died on me, so I'm blogging from my iPhone - if you have an iPod Touch or iPhone, you'll understand why this post is called 'Commitment'. The keyboard on this thing...ouch.

So, I learnt a big lesson in patience last week. Laptop issues aside, of course, because although I am having to be patient with it, I dong have much free time anyway. My lesson in patience came at 4:50am on Wednesday 5th October. The rain was just pouring and pouring, it had been since Tuesday evening here at home. It had taken hours to get to sleep and the rain was so heavy that it woke me up. I read the news on my phone and found myself just lying, silently, in a state of what I can only describe as peace. It struck me that I could have just been annoyed about being woken up, however it was the first time in days that I had a moment to myself. The lesson? If you have patience, you will find what you're looking for.

Wednesday was also the official Amnesty Group launch for the year. I was a bit 'meh' beforehand, dreading the lack of new members I was sure would be true. I was wrong. There were 16 of us. How wonderful :)

This post has been terrible, I know. I just needed to write something. I hope to be back posting properly soon.

Besos <3
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment