Sunday 16 October 2011

The Next Generation

If you read here relatively often, you'll know that I run the Amnesty International Student Group at my college. Well, we launched properly on Wednesday 5th October, and oh my gosh, I am SO excited by the new group!

We are yet to take a group picture, so here's a screenshot of the minutes from that meeting. I also already know the new people by their names, which is greatly helpful :-)

This week we spent the whole meeting brainstorming ideas for the Roma campaign in November, and everybody was SO enthusiastic. We've decided on a travelling circus theme and we're setting our plans in action. I'm so, so excited by it all. I loved how much the new group got into planning it all - we've got a proper theme and so many ideas, the main task will be choosing which ones we can't do. Did I mention that I was excited?...

We also got a display up in the LRC, and when we take it down next week, the butterflies and kites will go in our display cabinet in the common room. We have plenty to get done on Wednesday 3rd November - we'll be turning the common room into a circus, and changing the cabinet around. It's a good job I can drive myself home now ;-)

Overall, so far, I absolutely LOVE the new group. I've been nicknamed 'Big Rachel' and 'Raquel', though, because we now have another Rachel ('Little Rachel'). I actually can't wait to get things moving properly :-)

Besos
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment