Sunday 29 January 2012

Sunday Catch-Up #2

So, it's been two weeks since my last blog post. I took a proper break from it for a while in the run up to my two exams this week but they're over now and I'm back and blogging :)

Other than revision, there are only two events worth mentioning this week...

Tuesday 24th January - Wakefield Mayor's Awards :)
One of my English teachers from last year, Jonathan, nominated me for this. I won a Community Silver award for the work I do with the Amnesty group, college magazine and the charity fundraising I've done in college. It was a lovely night and the stories of some of the 'Individual' award winners were so touching. It was so thoughtful of Jonathan to nominate me and did mean a lot. I plan on finding him this week to thank him. I also thought it was very appropriate that Wakefield's coat of arms (seen in the photo) was on display everywhere and the motto was ''persevere and prosper'' considering some of the stories we heard. 



Saturday 28th January - Jess' 18th Party :)
It was my lovely friend Jess' 18th birthday on Thursday and she had a rather large house party ;) small gathering at her house last night to celebrate. Below are a few photos... But, firstly, a few highlights: Sophie deciding she needed to slide off the sofa and onto the floor; Matt wondering if he might have put his pizza into his pocket; the great language debate held by a bunch of languages students. 






Besos
Rachel 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment