Tuesday 28 September 2010

Friday 9th July - 4:30pm, coach to London (near Meadowhall)

Went into school at about 1:45 to have my bag checked. I had to empty it which was kind of annoying but I managed to get everything back in and some group kit as well. We were all a bit annoyed because we hadn’t been told we’d have to split all of the group kit into our bags which we ended up having to do. Margaret filled out medical cards about us and asked if anything in our personal life might affect us during the trip. Miss Bolton then came and we talked through and decided on the rules for the trip. We decided on group roles and I’m “Checkspert” with Chris until midnight tomorrow. Before we left, I went with Jemma to get some pens and pencils from Mr Jarvis in tech to take with us and I managed to slip and fall over before we’d even left school.

Some people got emotional when we left (Jas, Lauren, Natalie) and although I didn’t actually cry, I definitely got close. We’re on two coaches - I’m on the one with Louis, Joe, Izzy, Oliver, Jasmine, Jemma, Lauren, Natalie, Mr Parkinson and Miss Morris. Margaret, Chris, Jacob, Sam and Catherine are on the other coach.

So far spirits are good although people are a bit emotional. It’s quite hard to hear much on the coach because the sun roof is open but it’s OK. I’m trying to get used to the idea that we’re going away but it’s quite hard - it hasn’t really sunk in yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment