Tuesday 28 September 2010

Friday 9th July - 6:30pm, coach near Leicester

Just had 20 minutes at the services. Went to the toilet with Jemma and Lauren then went to Starbucks with those and Izzy then to WH Smiths. I had to check that everyone on my coach had their passport and Chris has to do the same for his coach. Spirits are still good, but I think that everybody is a bit apprehensive about what’s ahead. Jasmine rung her dad and asked him if he could bring us some tea - apparently he lives near Brunel University. Jemma seems a bit down because she lost her sandwiches and because of her diabetes I think it worried her. I’m annoyed a bit about the wind from the sun roof and Louis and Joe are a bit loud but otherwise all is good.

I think the expedition will be good for me and I’m hoping I’ll come back feeling refreshed and at peace with some stuff that has bothered me a lot this year (Beth, Zoe etc). I’ve visited Helen in hospital three times this week and I feel OK with going away now. I was kind of dreading going away because it felt typical that somebody I care about would be seriously ill just before I was due to leave and I worried that it might become so serious I couldn’t go. She’s recovering fine and should be out very soon. I saw Grandad and he’s OK and Jude is getting better now as well.


Despite my concerns I feel like I’m getting along with people fine - especially Lauren which is a complete surprise. She’s really nice and we have quite a lot in common. Jasmine is really nice too and Izzy seems very down to earth. I chatted to Catherine before we left and I get along with her too - she’s a bit dizzy and blonde but it makes her fun to be around. Izzy is keeping us entertained with loads of stories at the moment seen as the TV doesn’t work. People seem quieter now we’re into the final part of the journey to London. Lauren has also surprised me with how much she knows about stuff. We all keep checking that everybody is OK and it’s almost like a weird Big Brother style thing. I think the quiet is because people are bored. We also don’t know each other that well yet either so we don’t have much to talk about.


Update: Passing around magazines, Lauren wants Louis Spence to be her best friend, we’re also about an hour and a half away.

No comments:

Post a Comment