Tuesday 28 September 2010

Sunday 11th July - 6:08am, Novigrad campsite, Croatia

When we finally arrived here in Croatia, we queued up for passport control where I got my passport stamped (yay!) We collected our baggage but mine and Natalie’s sleeping mats were missing and Louis’ bag was too. Joe and a few others immediately started ranting at us about it and telling me and Natalie not to mention the fact that our mats had gone missing which really annoyed me because he had no right to say that and I was allowed to be annoyed about it. I didn’t mention it much anyway because Louis was trying to find out about his bag and I was just staying out of the way of Joe who was in a pretty bad mood. I figured it wasn't very important to report a lost sleeping mat anyway. Our tour guide tried to sort out Louis' bag but it was still in Heathrow so he arranged for it to be put on the next flight over. Miss Morris told me that we’d be stopping at a supermarket where we’d probably be able to buy new sleeping mats anyway so I got over it pretty quickly. Once we’d sorted out the problems we changed some money and got on the coach - this time also accompanied by our tour guide Slaven. I was also a bit annoyed that people who hadn’t had any problems happen to them were in a worse mood than people that had and kept trying to start stupid arguments in the airport and for a while on the coach. It was a relief to sit by myself next to the window and just drift into my own world for a while to relax and ignore the people arguing behind me.

Those sorting out the shopping list called me over because apparently they needed my input because I’m vegetarian. I gave my input but they wouldn’t let me sit back down so I had to sit through a ridiculous amount of arguing before I just gave up and moved back to my seat regardless. We stopped off at a supermarket called Plodine to buy food for Saturday and Sunday where Natalie and I went to get sleeping mats (mine’s pink) and we all then sat outside and waited while the others argued their way around the supermarket and took forever even though they had a shopping list. I tried talking to Margaret in the supermarket but she seems really unreluctant to talk to any of us at all really. We then arrived at our campsite about half an hour later. We spent forever putting up tents while Jasmine and Louis made us tea. It only took us so long because we were in the dark due to our delayed flight and the amount of time spent at the supermarket. We were also all annoyed because some tent parts were missing (and in Louis’ bag…) and Margaret told us we had to put up the teachers’ tents too which we hadn’t expected and it didn’t seem fair - after all, we didn’t sign up to be slaves. After tea we had a group meeting (led by Margaret) and talked about jobs and similar stuff and I’m timekeeper for tomorrow (today technically). I got a bit upset before the meeting because I was just generally fed up and everybody was on edge…as well as the fact that I’d lost my mat and it just messed up the day a bit. If I slept last night, it must have only been for an hour or so. I was squashed in between Lauren and Natalie. Lauren kept saying stuff in her sleep everytime I moved and Natalie had her knee in my back. Lovely. Miss Morris had to put a bag next to our tent and it meant that I didn’t even fit properly in the tent. Great fun. Shannon, Izzy and some of the others went down to the beach in the evening and picked up 3 stalkers who came throwing stones at the tents so Miss Morris sat outside on watch for them, so nobody slept much then either.

No comments:

Post a Comment