Wednesday 8 September 2010

New friends, old friends

I'll have been at college for one whole week tomorrow. It's odd knowing that, because it still feels like my first day everytime I turn up. It's been better than I expected, people are a lot friendlier than I anticipated and, thankfully, I have somebody to talk to in all of my classes except form/COPE...but that's not too bad anyway because there's a few of us who don't know anyone so we stick together like the loners we are :) (I hope you're getting the sarcasm in that...)

There's one thing about college that I'm so far LOVING - the fact that I'm spending time with people that I always liked in school but never got to spend much time with. The social aspect of college is something that I'm enjoying at the moment, I'm enjoying getting to know people who I always classed as 'friends', but was never particularly close to. I'm also getting to talk to a few new people who are friends of friends and it's nice to know somebody new for once.

As well as that, it's just nice to talk to completely new people in my lessons etc. There's someone in every lesson except English at the moment who I talk to who I didn't already know upon starting college. It's also kinda cool how the teachers just don't give a damn what they say... My media teacher really likes talking about sexual connotations to images...which, to be fair, is what we've been talking about for the past two lessons (connotations, not sex...), but it just amuses me how he'll just make random statements. There's also a boy in my class who reminds me of somebody who would, for instance, apply for 'Young, Dumb and Living Off Mum', but he's hilarious. It's like he has permanent word vomit...

The work isn't even that bad so far. Obviously I know that it's going to get harder, but at the moment I'm just settling into it and getting back into the mentality of working hard.

Yes, I'm aware that there's no point to this post, I just felt like writing it anyway.

I also know that I haven't done a summer project post, it's temporarily on hold until I'm less busy...

Besos
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment