Friday 6 August 2010

Counting Down

Gosh, it feels like FOREVER since I last blogged on here. I've been posting small, meaningless things to my Tumblr page but I've missed doing a long post on here.

I've been in Weymouth for a week, which has been kind of boring but awoke adventurous parts of me that had been hiding since Croatia. I could have actually posted from a pub/bar on the campsite there, but I was a tad uncomfortable with the idea of writing a blog in a public place - it's supposed to be private (despite the fact that it's all posted online. Hmm...)

Recently, I realised that I've spent the vast majority of this year counting down for things. January - counting down for official exams. After that - counting down for leavers' day on May 19th. June - counting down for prom. July - counting down for Croatia. Now? Counting down for GCSE Results Day on August 24th (the sheer thought kinda makes me feel sick), Enrollment Day at college on the 25th, first day of college on September 1st, my birthday on the 18th then finally Mark Watson live in Halifax in December. However much I have disliked parts of this year and wished it to be over, I can't help but deny the fact that it's been an incredible year so far.

Don't get me wrong, too many parts of this year have been horrible. The first few months were just hideous and I don't think I've ever felt so depressed, then right before Croatia my auntie got ill (but recovered thankfully), and while we were away in Weymouth one of the family guinea pigs died. I can't help but wonder whether I'd have been able to make sense of these things without having been a World Challenger. I still have the perspective I blogged about once I came back, only I have found that I still search for answers to everything. Maybe that's just who I am, though, maybe that's not such a bad thing.

As you've probably already figured out, 99.9% of the stories I tell at the moment are linked to Croatia. I feel like I should apologise for this because it must get pretty boring for those that have never been or have no interest in travelling. However, I think I can probably be forgiven for telling lots of Croatia stories - because when something life changing happens, you don't just forget about it, do you? If people didn't just tell stories of their passions, their interests, their experiences, then this world would be incredibly dull - don't you think? For our English GCSE, our year studied Of Mice and Men and one quote always sticks in my memory and appears whenever I think about being boring and telling stories over and over again:
"And then her words tumbled out in a passion of communication, as though she hurried before her listener could be taken away..."
I kind of identify with that, but only on here...not in face-to-face conversations. Sometimes I get so into what I'm typing to you guys that I just type it and it's like there's not enough time to get it written because I feel so strongly about it - and that's kind of what I feel about Croatia.

So, in a very long winded way, what I'm trying to say is that I know I talk about it a lot, but I hope there's a point to what I say. I'm still looking for topic ideas for my blog posts so please let me know if there's anything you think I should cover (:

Besos
Rachel


1 comment:

  1. WELL, I don´t think what you wrote about Croatia or your trip were boring on the contrary, was really interesting, specially for some of us ( in my case) that never been there, was a good oportunity to know a little bit about Croatia and to see the places, both here and on tumblr. I think what you write and wrote are pretty relevant, that´s what blog are for, to us express our feelings, telling about things we´ve done, our good and bad moments. I think you should continue this way,as a matter of fact it is very interesting, I am not saying because I know you and you are a nice friend but because it´s true. I think you will be able to know what you will choose to write and no matter what topic, I think will be interesting and I will read for sure and make a comment. But I will suggest something, write more about music, you have a fine music taste and in fact I checked some of bands and artists you mentioned and in fact I became fan and ended up buying or listening their songs.

    ReplyDelete