Wednesday 11 August 2010

Hi, my name is Rachel...

...and I have never been one for expressing my likes and dislikes very much. I've always been uncomfortable with people knowing the sort of music I listen to or the TV shows I watch, I guess that comes from being the age I am and the experiences I've previously had with 'friends' of mine finding it hilarious to mock me for weeks on end for it - when there's no need. Anyway, I'm digressing, the point I'm trying to make is that I've never been particularly forward in expressing what I like, dislike, enjoy, hate, whatever...

Recently, I've found myself sharing those things more.
I blogged yesterday about a project idea I had - to make a collage within my handprint. I never said I'd share the results of it on here once it had been made but I did think it, and, because I'm efficient like that, that's exactly what I'm about to do.


The pink thing in the background is my new psychology folder, I thought it looked a little better than the sofa. You may recognise some of the things I included in my handprint, you may not. I was particularly pleased with the way I managed to get the pictures within the fingers to fit and still look good even with bits of the picture missing. The adorable bunny near my thumb is the family rabbit, Dusty. You may also be able to make out the blog header underneath her, I thought that seen as I was writing about it on here, I should include it and I'm glad I did. I included the Spanish and Croatian flags despite the fact that I'm neither Spanish, nor Croatian. The Spanish flag is because once I started studying the language about two years ago, it was honestly like I found a part of myself that I didn't realise existed. The Croatian flag is (pretty obviously, I'd imagine) because of my time in Croatia and the fact that I've kind of fallen in love with the country (and its people). You may also be able to make out the ESC 2010 logo, Josh Groban's Awake album cover and the picture of Jack Johnson - these represent music and the fact that I am a strong believer that lyrics are often the best form of therapy I could have. I'll let you work out what the other things I included are, and even speculate about why I included them :)

I'm not sure where my handprint will go now, I may make a few more with other things that make me...me and stick them up together. I must say though, I'm pretty impressed with how well it turned out. My artistic/creative skills have definitely improved over this summer :)

So, what would go in your handprint?

Besos
Rachel

2 comments: