Friday 1 October 2010

My School Prom

I just watched 'My School Prom' on iPlayer and couldn't help but get a bit emotional at it. It seemed to bring out a whole array of emotions that I'd hidden away when I left school. Looking back, the leaving period was the most emotional time of my life. However sad that may sound, it's true. It was, and I'm not going to downplay that fact.

Seeing the people in the show getting oh-so-excited about prom and then watching their own journeys reminded me all too much of my own. There was always that underlying fear of the future, but it was always masked by the joy of the present, the joy of prom, the joy of leavers' day etc. The build up to leavers' day and prom was immense. Everybody talked about it, everybody lived off the fact that they were coming for about a month, really. It never really occured to me at the time that it's never going to happen again. It has now. For the first time, I've just realised that school really is over. Forever. That's it now.

So, yeah, watch it if you haven't had your school prom yet, because I imagine it'll be very exciting/interesting/it'll make you want your prom to be tomorrow. Don't watch it if you already have, because it'll either make you depressed or make you wish you still had that entire period of time in your life to look forward to.

Besos
Rachel


"When the curtain falls for one last time and closes out the show, marching left, right, left, another step. Keep smiling as you go." - Needtobreathe

No comments:

Post a Comment