Tuesday 21 December 2010

I'll sing it one last time for you...

UPDATE: Links to some of the Thursday performances have been added to the bottom

Last week brought the first PROPER choir performance we've done yet. Sure, we've done two performances at college open evenings, but they weren't proper performances - the audience weren't there just to see us. On Wednesday we performed our Christmas Concert at St Giles' Church in Pontefract. Rob (Choirmaster) was very obviously freaking out before the concert started ("Has anybody got mints? I need something to distract me..." showed us all that much).

It wasn't the best turn out ever, but it was rubbish weather and we had enough people turn up to make it worthwhile. We also performed for the Senior Citizens' Christmas Party on Thursday afternoon and did the same set as on Wednesday. The piano was quite out of tune, so we didn't give the best performances ever, but they all seemed to enjoy it.

Thursday was a fairly horrible day, so I was glad to have the performance in the afternoon to distract me. Rob and the choir managed to cheer me up quite considerably, and I've since realised how much being a part of the choir means to me. I also got to see Chloe (my 'form friend') perform her solo for the first time on Wednesday then again on Thursday...she's SO talented but didn't believe she did a good job with the first performance.

I actually missed having a rehearsal on Friday lunchtime (we finished college at lunchtime), it's always one of the highlights of the week. We did have an Amnesty meeting this week though, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Adam (President of group) bought me a 'present' (it was a Cadbury's selection box) for being the person who worked the most/best on the stall throughout the Greetings Card Campaign. We did a group brainstorm of ideas to celebrate the good things we've done since September and eventually took a group photo, sung Happy Birthday to Eliza (she wasn't too thrilled with that though...) then did a group 'woo' (Oliver's idea). We did get some actual Amnesty-related stuff done too, but it was mainly our own little Christmas party (we also had Christmas food - thanks Adam! - and Christmas songs playing).

I think it's fair to say that choir and Amnesty are pretty much the only reasons I've stayed at college this long. I somehow managed to get through my week of torturous things in my lessons, didn't think it was possible but I did. I was probably very distracted through Thursday and Friday, but still, I got through it. I'll be back at some point between now and Saturday to wish you all a Merry Christmas, but for now good luck with all of the shopping etc ;)

Besos
Rachel

Links:
Sussex Carol
Silent Night
There are links to two other songs on my page or down the right-hand suggestions box thingy :) Enjoy! (And please remember we're not even a year old and didn't have much rehearsal time due to the snow :P)

PS: I've added a 'Video Bar' at the bottom of the posts so you can link to all the choir videos I've put up easily :)
PPS: I've also added one for my non-choir videos :)
If you click on the video whilst watching it, it'll take you to the YouTube page for it, you can then click my username to find more videos.

5 comments:

  1. I wanted to watch your choir´s performance, maybe you can record it on video and post so we can watch. I am sure was fantastic your performances and maybe a star is rising. :) Wish you a marry Christmas, full of happiness, presents and nothing but great moments. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I knew I'd forgotten something. I did get someone to record a few of the performances and I put them on YouTube...meant to put the links in the post. Will go back and edit it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both perfornances were lovely Rachel, I just adored. maybe one day you and the choirs could do a tour here in Rio, who knows. :) Next year, when I go to UK, on my vacations, I want to watch a performance. Thanks for adding the video and great work. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know i was there for one of them, but again, great performance, even with a dodgy piano

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rob's expressions whilst playing made it v.hard to carry on singing and not laugh :)

    ReplyDelete