Friday 10 December 2010

You Call That News?

I wasn't going to do a post today, mainly because the only thing I could write about would more than likely be read by the person it'd be about, and I can't be bothered with that drama. Needless to say, things have happened and pretending they haven't is just stupid.

I spoke to my counsellor about what happened and she agreed that the actions I took were a good way of dealing with it. It's relieving to know someone's ''on my side'', I'm not used to that feeling.

Anyway, most of my week has been spent working on my media project. We have to make a Project A - a print-based piece - and a Project B - a moving image piece (unless we choose a magazine, when it's all print-based). I chose to do an advertising campaign for a TV show I invented (You Call That News?) I've spent every evening this week minus Wednesday when I was at consultation evening in college working on my print-based pieces.

There was some mini-drama when my teacher emailed me basically telling me to start again, and because of how much work had gone into the piece I did genuinely cry (I know, I need some real problems, right?) I eventually followed her advice and I now have two new posters (one a magazine/newspaper advert, one a billboard advert...it's HUGE). I think they look quite good, and they also look quite convincing as adverts so I'm happy with what I've done, and I definitely feel more confident with them than the one I did originally.

I'm glad I've finished what I can do without seeing my teacher tonight, it means all I have to do over the weekend is:
- Re-draft my Media research report;
- Do my Spanish presentation again because college computers have stopped opening the original;
- Prepare ANOTHER Spanish presentation on Rafael Nadal, ready to be interviewed by the entire class on Tuesday. Hate, hate, hate;
- Revise Spanish listenings and readings for a make up test on Monday;
- Fill in the tense sheets for...wait for it...Spanish;
- Revise for my English Language mock on Monday;
- Finish preparing for the 15 minute narrative theory lesson I have to give in Media on Tuesday;
- Revise for my English Language mock on Wednesday;
- Revise for my English Language mock on Thursday;
- Fill in a sheet on a video watched in class for Psychology;
- Find out about choir rehearsals next week;
- Fill out another stupid CoPE sheet and email it to the teacher.

Yuck. I could genuinely scream at the amount of Spanish I have to do. The teacher honestly made up the Rafael Nadal task as the lesson progressed this morning, totally filled me with confidence. At least we finish at lunchtime on Friday, so I miss two lessons and only have to come in for Spanish, I'll probably get my mum to pick me up, though part of me wants to stay until lunchtime a) because buses will still be running as they should so I won't have to cram onto a single decker and b) college is much more fun when you have no cares. Plus I can have a day at college where I can take a small bag and only one folder. Going in is worth it purely for that reason to be honest. I could always use the time to start planning my Beginners' Spanish lessons...

Yes, after Christmas I'll be teaching beginners' Spanish in college for 6 weeks for my next CoPE project. Judith (Head of MFL) was really enthusiastic about me doing it when I suggested it to her and said it was a really good idea, so I'm finally a bit excited about Spanish again.

AND I might be going to Bella Italia on Friday, which equals amazing salad dressing. It's the small things in life...

I also have an Amnesty International placard at the top right of the blog now, if you click it it'll take you to the Protect the Human site. Please check out the really important work that Amnesty do. It really does make a difference, no matter how small. I've spent the past two days campaigning in college for their annual Greetings Card Campaign and the stories I had to learn about really touched me, particularlythe story of
Ferhat Gerçek. My card will be going to him, as well as any others who haven't had any cards yet. We will be sending cards to everybody in the campaign, it's something that's important to us.

Hope you all have great weekends :)

Besos
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment