Thursday 23 December 2010

Under a Streetlight

If you're reading this, you've probably already noticed. If not, I'm pleased to announce that The Details in the Fabric is now Under a Streetlight.

With a new year looming, I felt like the blog should in some way match the changes I'm going to make, so here we are. I'll probably re-design again around spring time to give the blog a lighter feel. Right now, I think the colour scheme matches the wintery feel to everything in my life right now. I'm currently making the headers to swap over for each season while I still have a free trial of Photoshop. Spring will be a nice green, summer perhaps pink-ish, autumn oranges and auburns and winter black-ish.

I chose song lyrics as the blog title, just as with The Details in the Fabric. You can listen to Joshua Radin - Streetlight here. When I first heard the song, I fell in love with it. I like the idea of there always being somewhere to turn when it's too dark to see (the streetlight) - I find it somewhat metaphorical of 'that one friend that you can always turn to for advice when everything is just too much'. The lyrics tend to hint towards this metaphor too, and the song holds a lot of positive resonance for me.

Therefore, bearing in mind this metaphor, I'd like to 'dedicate' this change of title and appearance to Fern and Eliza - two friends who I wouldn't be able to function properly without. Throughout everything they've stuck by me and are always around to offer me advice and help me out with anything I ask them to. I'd like to say they've both had their own problems...but Fern seems to be one of those lucky people who gets through life without having much go wrong. So, Eliza's had her fair share of problems too...but has always been there for me and everybody else no matter what. Fern is generally found with the common sense advice of ''forgetting about it'', which doesn't always work first time but always works in the long run.

So, there we have it. New title, new graphics, new appearance. Hopefully a new blogger (don't worry, I'm not going anywhere...) next year when I start to finally get over some 'stuff' and become a lot more positive...

Besos
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment