Wednesday 1 December 2010

Snowed In

Today is day 2 of being snowed in. Tomorrow will be day 3 of being off college. Thankfully, I might get to see Becky (cousin) so I can finally enjoy the snow a little rather than just clearing it off the path or being stuck in the house. I don't even have anything to blog about, but I'm going insane just sitting around. None of my teachers have even emailed me work to do, and since Monday was the only day at college this week, I don't even have any outstanding homework.

I've spent the past two days listening to Mat Kearney. That's pretty much it. Yesterday morning, I ended up trekking to the shop for supplies at 8:15am, that was interesting. I only fell off the pavement twice... Anyway, back to Mat Kearney. If you're as bored as I am, I suggest you YouTube him now. He's one of those artists whose lyrics are pretty dull...but there are a few stand-out lines that really resonate with me.

I'm going to have to find something interesting to do tomorrow. I don't care what it is, anything's better than this... I think I'm going to write out some more Spanish oral questions and skim through my Psychology textbook to see what we'll be catching up on. Apparently we're already behind as a class anyway, so the next few weeks are going to be fun...not. At least I've had a few days to gather my thoughts and chill out a bit. The constant working was starting to get on top of me again.

I am worrying slightly that the snow will stop me being able to see Mark Watson in Halifax on Saturday. And, as sad as it sounds, I will cry if I can't. I even looked up hotel rooms overnight. It'd be a lot easier to get one if there weren't three of us going. Damn odd numbers. Always disliked them.

The highlight of the day was picking out the camera I'm getting for Christmas online. That's about it. That, and watching my bunny eating snow. It's actually cuter than when she yawns, and that's saying a lot. Sidenote: If you have a rabbit, feed them a bit of snow, it's the best fun ever ;)

Anyway, if anybody wants some snow and doesn't have any, head to Wakefield, we've got more than enough.

Besos
Rachel

PS: Happy 1st December everybody :)

2 comments:

  1. We have tons of snow too. I've only had this afternoon off school so far. Lucky thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh believe me, I'm not lucky. I already know we'll get a mass lecture when I finally get back to college about being behind :(

    ReplyDelete