Tuesday 8 February 2011

People

Yesterday, I told my friend Eliza 'I hate people'. And I very much did, some people I still do. I wasn't going to blog tonight because I've been busy sending off my RYLA application, paying my Poland deposit (definitely going now!) with my friend Sarah and organising the Burmese Festival, but then I finally logged back into my Googlemail account...

I haven't been on it since the beginning of December/late November - couldn't sign in - I mainly had emails such as ''*insert name here* is following you on Twitter" and other assorted spam mail, but I had an email that I wasn't expecting. It was from somebody who I will call 'S' (purely for anonymity reasons) who had been reading my blog, seen I was having a rough time with friendships and basically said we could talk if I needed/wanted to.

Firstly, I WISH I'd been on my Gmail account more over Christmas...it was really rough and I could've done with seeing that email sooner.

Secondly, today was a pretty dull day...and it wasn't helped by the fact that there was a very minor incident that just got to me this morning before lunch. This email was such a pick me up.

I don't even really have much to say except that I wanted to express my gratitude to S. The feeling of being forgotten, ignored, unimportant etc etc is way too common and I really wish there were more people like S. So, if you're reading this: thank you, and thank you for making me realise that I don't hate people after all.

Besos
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment