Monday 28 February 2011

Littlest Things

I think I've discussed on here before how the small things can have the biggest of impacts. Today seems to have been one of those days where everything had an effect on something else. I had an SOS training session at lunch where we were given our assignment for the week: think about how you appear to other people. It reminded me of Psychology this morning - we had a test first thing and as I handed it in, Nigel (teacher) grinned at me. My response was (obviously) "why are you grinning at me?" - he said it was because I was pulling a face as if to say I'd hated the test, I really didn't think I had been...

I then encountered my old GCSE Spanish teacher while walking home who grinned at me slightly insanely from her car and let me cross the road before turning into the road I was trying to cross. It made me smile, for reasons unknown, but it struck me that she was clearly appearing happy to see me, even though we didn't talk (I see her quite a lot in that spot, though). This is my first example of a little thing having a big impact because it made me smile for most of the way home.


Unfortunately I then encountered two men delivering leaflets who followed me for the last five minutes of my journey, which kind of put a downer on my random good mood. It's really not fun being followed by two men making noises and shouting at you, just in case you were wondering. I ended up hiding from them when they knocked at the front door to try and deliver a leaflet (who does that by knocking rather than posting through the letterbox anyway?!)


And then for most of this evening I've been doing my Media double page spread assignment - not as fun as it may sound and actually intensely frustrating. 


However then I ended up talking to Oliver from the Amnesty Group which cheered me up because it was just generally light-hearted and joking about stuff...and talking about stalkers. I know I've probably said it before on here, but I really do love the Amnesty Group - everybody is so nice and we all seem to get along quite well :)

'Labas' to my Lithuanian visitors :)


Besos
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment