Monday 13 June 2011

Monday Randoms

SO long since my last blog? Apparently, yes. What have I been doing that's so important I haven't had time to blog? I haven't, I just haven't known what to write about.I haven't really had enough going on in my life to fill a whole blog post, so you know... I'm back today with a few 'Monday randoms'...
- I had a busy day today. The morning was spent working on college magazine - I'm the 'Layout Editor' so it's my job to do the layout for everything and edit the whole issue visually. I think my best work today was this...The article still needs putting on it (Aiden's doing that), but look at it :) We tried to match the professional style layout one of the Media teachers did for the last issue, this was what I managed :)
Layout for Aiden's Gaga review (just for the record, I'm not a fan)
- The afternoon was spent working on Amnesty campaign materials. Jade and Aiden came in to help and we had quite a fun afternoon. I realise now that I've talked a lot about the office but never posted any pictures or anything. Here are a few pictures from today...
My desk :) (It's a lot tidier now I've cleaned it up a little haha)
Jade's desk and the ''wall of support'' (yes, it's currently unfinished)




The 'campaign resources' corner
- So, quickest office tour ever? Perhaps, but it's also a contender for 'smallest office ever'. This afternoon, we had to do everything in the corridor outside the office because there was no room inside it. It was more than a little awkward. On the plus side, we're almost fully prepared for our induction day campaign (Roma/Demand Dignity/Nicaragua) which is good as both Jade and I leave for Poland on the 29th and get back on the 3rd, which would leave us only 9 days until the first induction day to get sorted. I went into the office after my Psychology mock ages ago and gave it a proper tidy up, sorted the campaign materials into one side of the room and spare boxes to the other, sorted the drawers out etc. It feels good to know where things are now. Jade took home a ton of stickers to cut up to hand out today, I'm glad I didn't get that job ;) And yes, having an office at 17 is quite cool ;)

- From college, I then went on to my dad's office and found out a little more about Becky's birthday meal out next Friday. It was basically an hour and a half spent sitting at Helen's desk writing out Amnesty contact cards. Fun times. The Wakefield Decorators office is obviously thrilling...

- I feel like I've been stuck in a bit of a rut recently, I can't even figure out how I want to paint my nails. And if you know me, you'll know that's sad :( Haha. Going into college today definitely helped but I'm still absolutely exhausted all the time, can't sleep well and never seem to do anything. Hmm. I'm going to rest, I feel rubbish.

Besos  
Rachel 

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, just look at what you achieved today =] you did quite a lot and that double page Gaga spread made one person quite happy (for which you were responsible).
    These ruts come and go, especially at college, when at the minute it's just idle waiting until the next exam or until we go back but, trust me, you'll be back into the swing of things soon enough and you won't feel exhausted all the time- maybe it's because your sleeping pattern's different due to study leave?

    ReplyDelete