Wednesday 1 June 2011

Favourite Places

I've been looking through old holiday photos this afternoon and realising that I so need a holiday...luckily I'm going to Kraków in only 29 days (with mi colegio y algunas amigas) :D Wooo! And then Brittany in about 60 days with la familia too. Both June and July will end with me in a foreign country. Not exactly complaining though ;)

While I'm supposed to be revising Psychology and struggling immensely to find any enthusiasm, here's my top 3 favourite places and why :)

Close to Home
OK, so this is a really bad picture but it's supposed to represent my Grandma's house. It's actually a picture of her attic, as it's the best picture I could find in my folders. Ever since I was a toddler, it's always been my favourite place to go. Me and my cousins (Amy and George) used to spend a ton of time there when we were little. The 'little bedroom' used to be a bit like our playroom, and we had a swingset, slide and little shed/wendy house outside too. We used to like spending time sitting in the little bedroom recording our own radio show (I still have it on tape, best. thing. ever.)


Headed to the City
I've been to London quite a few times now, and every single time I've stayed at the Holiday Inn/Crowne Plaza hotel on Gloucester Road. Literally about two minutes, maybe even less, from the tube station. Until our last visit, we'd never even really explored the area at all, but my dad and I went out walking one evening last time we went (October 2009) and came across a bunch of posh car dealerships just kind of randomly placed amongst houses. It was a little odd. Everytime we go we stay in the hotel, use the tube station and shop in the mini Tesco down the road, I've always wanted to get some Krispy Kreme doughnuts from there but we never have :( It always strikes me as weird that I can go to such a huge city and feel completely comfortable in a place there, maybe it comes with knowing the little area we stay in well, I don't know, but I love it and I love staying there everytime we go to London.

Overseas
Having never really travelled abroad much, except to France/Disneyland Paris, Croatia is my favourite foreign country that I've visited so far. The best place I visited last summer had to be Muškovci and our wild camp right next to the Ogar waterfall. We kayaked there from our first wild camp at Kastel Zegarski and we literally kayaked right up onto the campsite. The campsite was right on the riverbank which made the whole campsite seem a little surreal. There was even an old, rundown caravan just parked near the barbeque area. As I said, a little surreal. We slept in our tents as usual, but there was a random (made) bed and hammock right next to the riverbank too. The evening we spent there was the evening Jacob and I cooked (from scratch, we were the only people brave enough not to use ready made sauces etc) and was also the evening I spent about 30 minutes cleaning a pot - Slav (Croatian tour guide) asked me what I was doing at least once as I'd been cleaning it that long. Oops... Anyway, the whole day was like a little adventure really, and it was SO beautiful. I've been trying to find out about the campsite but haven't found anything yet. But seriously, if you get the chance to go to Zadar county, anywhere in it, GO!

Before I go, has anybody ever visited Brittany around the Perros-Guirec area, and if so, do you have any recommendations of anything to do around there or a little further out? Let me know :)


Besos
Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment