Tuesday 20 April 2010

And so the countdown begins...

God knows how I'm finding the time to post right now, but somehow I am. I should probably be doing Spanish revision, trying to understand Mr Cosgrove's handwriting on the maths sheet or ICT coursework, but I've done 3 hours (ish) of Spanish already, most of my maths, and I hate ICT with a passion. And I'm tired. So I'm having a break.

Was back at school yesterday for pretty much the last half term ever (except during exam period, but I'm not counting that) and yesterday was an alright day, if I'm being honest, but today was a bit, well, bleh.

The day started with an assembly, which is never a good thing. However, for once I didn't just leave thinking "yeah, thanks, you've just told me to work harder than is possible, great" which is obviously a good thing. My head of year talked about how we should appreciate our form tutors in these last 4 (ish) weeks and read some quotes they'd written to each form in the yearbook about how "truly magical" the last 5 years have been and how they don't think they'll ever "get such a great form again". It kind of stuck out to me how much we should appreciate our form tutors, mostly because mine has done so much for me since Y7 that I'd have to be the most selfish person on earth not to. I would launch into a few long paragraphs about several events during which she's helped me, but it's a bit pointless telling everyone but not her, if you get what I mean...

What annoyed me about the assembly, though, was how the two people I sit next to (without naming names, they're hideous...and not just in physical features) sat there and mocked each quote that my head of year read out, as if somehow it was hilarious that we should appreciate people doing things for us. What possibly annoyed me more was that they found it hilarious that the form tutors in our year appreciated their time with us.

That's about it for anything I have to say today really, I could type out my Spanish presentation and other 21 paragraphed answers to questions, but they're really quite dull. I need to get myself into gear and organise leaving presents and cards...and messages to go into cards. I also need a 10 day week, it would make time management so much easier...

Besos
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. I agree Rach, a 10 day week would make everything a lot easier and more managable. It's really weird how fast 5 years can go by and how some of the people that we take for granted (friends, form tutors, even rivals) might not be in our lives anymore in 6 months.
    Also, we *do* need to sort out presents at some point lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a 10 day week as well. lol! Assembly is something really hard, specially with some type of people. I´m gonna say you, University will be wrost, get yourself ready for the people you´ll meet and see. lol! I hope evrything goes well, you got only As from youyr papers and have time for fun too. :) Besos or Beijos in Protuguese.

    ReplyDelete