Tuesday 27 April 2010

Fifteen

...is the number of days left until I say goodbye to the school that has been the basis of so many wonderful memories of the past five years. It's a scary thought, but I have no option other than to leave, so I'm dealing with that (somehow).

It struck me earlier that while I moan a lot and spend a lot of time being deep and reflective, I easily miss the best things in life. I tried to rectify this at Christmas time after watching Adam Hills' DVD, but it sort of failed.

Rubbish things happened today and I realised something that I really should have realised a long time ago: September will come around as usual, and we will all be apart once more, apart in a similar way to how we were apart before starting high school. I like to think that we've all come full circle at the moment, I'm enjoying the few precious weeks I have left with the best friends in the world and the most inspirational people I could wish to know. Those that I don't like seem to be showing their 'true colours' and revealing to everybody why they are so disliked, and those that deserve to do well are doing amazingly.

I've had some amazing memories at school. It, or more specifically room 16...my form room, has been the centre of so many fun times with my friends and I'm genuinely thankful to have had that. It still scares me to think that I have to leave it all behind, but the truth is that we're all moving on.

I have nothing else to post about tonight, but I got my homework out of the way earlier so I don't have anything to do and I felt like posting. Sorry if it's a bit rubbish.

I would just like to end by saying thank you to a bunch of people. I probably won't get the opportunity to thank some of these personally and they may never read this, but I feel the need to do it. So here goes:
Thank you to Fern for constantly being there, always nagging me and injuring me, and for never stopping grinning and laughing wildly.
Thank you to Aiden for being deep and meaningful, encouraging and amusing and just generally mental.
Thank you to Joe for all the innuendo, silly little arguments over the meaning of words/general grammar and reminding me not to post pictures of my dusty rabbit all over Facebook.
Thank you to Eliza, Danny and Zoe for being fabulously insane and hilariously bonkers, for being such a good triple act and for the RSL.
Thank you to Trish and Natalie, my fellow science table mongers, without whom science would be a very dull lesson.
And for just generally being lovely and always making me smile, cringe, laugh or otherwise, thank you to everyone that I have shared memories with over the past five years.

Besos
Rachel

4 comments:

  1. Aww rach this post is so sweet *hugs* and I agree with you. We should try and enjoy the last few weeks as much as we can, forget what anyone else has to say 'cause it's about the good times with friends now...and trust me, we've got a lot to remember and celebrate =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this post kind of moved me...
    I can identify with the things you have said about realising certain things and also what you have said about friends. Although I stayed on at the same school for sixth form, next year I will be leaving not only my friends behind but also my location/familiarities etc. for University
    It’s a hard thing to get your head around, but as soon as we get into this new way of life I'm sure it will become just as normal as the life we currently lead.

    And that’s all I wanted to say really :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.... rach that's proper nice of you. i hope to dear god we're all gonna still have some rsl at college at dinner or sumat. it wunt be rsl tho would it more HCL (ur form lurrrve). and ive still got ur fone number (very sneakily) and fb - i shall always stalk u and u will always be my GOD!!!

    ReplyDelete