Wednesday 28 April 2010

Full Circle

It's no secret that the majority of this year has been rubbish, and if you're thinking ''has it, I wonder why..." - I suggest you check out my earlier posts.

I'm posting again today because I don't have much to do tonight and it's always the perfect time to blog. I'm also listening to freshly purchased new music which always encourages me to blog. Can't explain it, it just seems to happen that way.

From Y7 onwards, my teachers have pretty much always told me that things will work out and things will be OK, and being stubborn and always thinking I know best, I never really believed any of them. It's possibly the fact that we're leaving in three (ish) weeks, but I really feel that things are finally starting to come full circle and things are working out properly.

As silly or sad as it may sound, I feel like I've matured a lot over just these past few weeks. Whether people around me agree or not, I don't know, but I do feel that way. You'll have to forgive me now, as I've become very aware that I talk a heck of a lot about leaving school, but there's not long to go and then it's all over. The journey is complete, the destination has been reached, the holiday can begin etc etc.

What's so wonderful, or at least in my opinion, is that for the first time in my life I am allowed both socially and personally to be able to express my gratitude, respect and appreciation for my teachers. OK, so admittedly not all of them are worthy of any of those things but 90% of them are, particularly my Head of Year and Form Tutor - without whom I would not have learnt the life lessons I believe I have through my five years at high school. I'm working on thank you letters for everybody, and I love how I have too much that I want to thank people for, because it reiterates for me just how many amazing people I have encountered in the past few years.

In a slightly more vain note, I got four comments on my 'Fifteen' post which made me smile a lot. Thanks guys! :) I also downloaded some (more) new music today which sums up my entire emotions right now which I'm loving too. Here's a little sample of what I'm listening to at the moment: Friend Like You - Joshua Radin.

If you have any more free time than you've had to read this post, I suggest you check out my friend Aiden's cookery blog at: http://cookateen.blogspot.com/ as well as my friend Eliza's at: http://therandomponderings.blogspot.com/ and the lovely @stephishere from the wonderful world of Twitter at: http://stoophneontiger.blogspot.com/

Besos
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. You're not the only one that feels they've matured =] I think as things come to a close we see people's true abilities and personalities come out more and the impending impact these exams will have on our lives is forcing a lot of people to either mature or give up. You're gonna do great things Rach, and things are gonna work out for you. You've put in effort for the past 5 years, you're gonna reap some serious benefits lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you muchly for the mention <3
    And as per usual I love your post and you speak a lot of sense :)!

    ReplyDelete