Wednesday 19 May 2010

The End

Left school today. Cried buckets (probably quite literally) and my emotions are currently all over the place. I have an overpowering sense of emptiness which is hard to deal with, especially when normally the people I'd turn to are those I feel empty about.

This morning was lovely (except the tears in our final assembly...) and it went way too fast. I came home afterwards and just cried and cried because I was just scared. Scared about exams, scared about college, scared about failing, scared about leaving people behind, scared about being forgotten, scared that I hadn't made an impact, scared that I'll never see some of the most inspirational people in the world again. Truth is, I needed to feel that pain, I needed to hurt and realise it.

This evening, a bunch of friends and I went bowling then onto Frankie and Benny's for a meal afterwards. In a ridiculously ironic twist, you'll never guess who was in the restaurant (Bella Italia, in case you were wondering) next door... our Head of Year! It was incredibly strange knowing that whilst we were celebrating the end of our school life, our incredibly inspirational, dedicated and just generally caring Head of Year was accidentally next door. He didn't see us to speak to us or anything, but it was strange.

It did make me think though. Earlier today, I was terrified that I would be leaving that school behind, and I didn't want to. I still don't. But, I'm choosing to believe something: our Head of Year accidentally followed us to the place we chose to celebrate the end of our school life, and somehow, it just makes me feel like no matter what the circumstances are, my school will always be a part of me. Even if I WANT to forget it, even just for a small amount of time, I won't. I like that. It makes me feel much calmer and more at ease with it all.

So, to end, here are two pictures of me with my Head of Year and Form Tutor.

I can't say anything other than that it's been incredible and that I'm going to miss it more than I could ever say. I met so many amazing people and I genuinely felt inspired by many of them too. And even though I called this post ''The End'', it's not - it's the beginning of the rest of my life...

Besos
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment