Wednesday 5 May 2010

Moving On

A kind (and actually very lovely) girl in my year just reminded me that we have 9 days left at school. So, in desperation, I looked up a band I like in the hope that they could provide me with some sort of clarity on the whole idea of leaving. I was half expecting something vaguely relevant. What I actually found was this, and it's so true I could've written it myself:

Can we put back all the pieces to the puzzles left behind?
We will soon be back together just before the stars align.
When the curtain falls for one last time and closes out the show.
Marching left, right, left, another step. Keep smiling as you go.

Movin’ on
Movin’ on

I’m sick of good intentions how they always tend to drown.
But, then, nothing seems to stay afloat living in the saddest town.
When the curtain falls for one last time and closes out the show.
Marching left, right, left, another step. Keep smiling as you go.

Movin’ on
Movin’ on
Movin’ on
Movin’ on

You’re out of room for marking days on the wall
The lines remind of just how long I’ve been gone
You’re holding on but now it’s time to let go.
Just let it go.

Movin’ on
Movin’ on
Movin’ on
Movin’ on

We could be the story that’ll break your heart.
We could be the victim of a fall apart.
Maybe we could last another week or so.
Movin’ on baby means you gotta let it go.


Moving On - Needtobreathe

In other news, I had an injection today to vaccinate me against Typhoid and Hepatitis A for when I go on World Challenge. I didn't cry, and I haven't get collapsed with bad side effects. So I'm happy, well, as happy as you can be when I apparently have tons of revision information to read through when I'm already ''ready for the exam now'' and have been for months. I might just read a few parts of it, to be honest, just reading really doesn't help me. I also thought of a GENIUS leaving present for my head of year earlier, so I'm pleased that I've got that part sorted.

Besos
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment