Friday 28 May 2010

Five

I said I'd get round to doing it, and now here I am. Here I plan to talk you through the five Eurovision entries that automatically qualified as I promised I would several days ago.

My favourite of these five has to be Didrik Solli-Tangen with My Heart Is Yours for Norway. They've had a really strong two years in my opinion, and I think it helps that Didrik is the sort of singer you fall in love with after the first few seconds of the song. I've had it in my head all day and was silently singing it to myself as I walked home from school. I'm hoping he can pull of the big notes on the night.

Second favourite is definitely Germany (Satellite - Lena). Lena's quirky charm seems to capture me each time I hear the song, and much like Mr Solli-Tangen's entry, it gets stuck in my head over and over again. My only worry is whether or not she can capture the simple charm of the song on a huge stage in a massive arena. I'm sure she's up to the task though. The lyrics continue to amuse me in the way they're incredibly random (I left on the porch light for you, I bought new underwear, they blue, etc etc). Being a teenager, I think this could be a hit with my generation.

In third it has to be France. Jessy Matador with Allez Ola Olé is definitely the most 'out-there' entry I could have ever imagined France would send. I think it's definitely going to be added to my summer playlist, it's a good song that you can just dance to without needing to understand. I'm hoping they don't use too many on-stage gimmicks though, that would ruin it.

In joint fourth (because I really can't decide) - it's Spain's Daniel Diges with Algo Pequenito (there should be a tilde over the 'n', I just can't get it on my keyboard) and our very own Josh Dubovie with That Sounds Good To Me. I'm hoping that after tomorrow evening, I can rate Josh much higher, however the only live performance I've seen is the national selection...which was a bit naff to be honest. There's something very feelgood and happy about Josh's song though, and being a complete and total pop fan, of course I love the song. I haven't paid too much attention to Senor (again, tilde over the 'n') Diges so far, I'm hoping his Spanish charm will win me over on Saturday. There's something very mysterious yet likeable about his song. The theme they seem to be running with is a bit odd but I'm hoping he can pull it off on the night.

So there we have it, five songs, none of them needed to qualify as they were automatically in. What do YOU think?

Besos
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment