Thursday 19 May 2011

May the 19th

A year ago today, this happened. I left school. It feels weird knowing that it's already been a year. 5 years there, 1 year not there, and it barely feels like two minutes since everyone was gathered outside the social area weeping into their buffet food... 

Me and Fern on Leaver's Day
I planned on getting my box of school stuff out today, but I've not really been in the mood to cry reading my yearbook again so I haven't...yet. I probably will do at some point over the weekend though. I still haven't finished my own personal yearbook, I probably never will, and maybe that's OK because it'll always be how I intended it to be? Hmm

(Once again, the spacing on this thing is messed up...)

I don't really feel like going into everything that school was to be and comparing it to college. Instead, I'm going to talk about how I've changed since leaving school. I never really look back on how I've changed that much. I don't like thinking about the past much at all, really.

Music tastes: Well, right now I'm listening to Dima Bilan - Lady Flame, so not much has changed in that respect. I've found Camila, Sandoval, Josh Groban much more so than I had last year, lots of random Eurovision artists and Koit Toome. I've also found Mat Kearney and Matt Nathanson, Eric Saade and The Axis of Awesome (do they count as music or comedy?)

TV tastes: I really don't watch much TV at all. Still watch Waterloo Road and The Apprentice. I've watched Waterloo Road since episode one so it'd be a bit stupid to stop watching it now. I had a real phase of watching my uncle's Jonathan Creek box set pretty much every night. I only have one series left and I haven't watched it in a long time, haha. I also went through a phase of loving Australian panel shows i.e. Spicks and Specks and Good News Week (I even analysed GNW for my Media Studies coursework, which is probably why my teacher thinks I'm weird because I should've really done MTW...) as well as tons of stuff on iPlayer such as Don't Tell the Bride and Never Mind the Buzzcocks. I quite liked Pete Versus Life too. At the moment, I watch Miranda repeats all the time and I'm quite into The Graham Norton Show.

Comedy tastes: I haven't watched any comedy in quite a while. I saw Alun Cochrane in October last year which was awesome (front row, I ended up telling him what I study and he made fun of my friend Danny for his trousers) as well as seeing and meeting Mark Watson in early December, which was even more awesome (he also knew who I was and told me he knew I was going to the show, when he realised who I was, but whatever, totally wasn't a big deal... :P) I still love Adam Hills, his DVDs never get old, and I still also love Rhod Gilbert. Gone off Michael McIntyre a little, still hate Lee Evans.

General interests: I haven't been making as much jewellery or baking as much recently, maybe because I don't have much time. I'm sure I'll be more productive over the summer. I'm still obsessed with languages and my Spanish teacher now thinks I'm a little strange because I told her I'm attempting to learn Swedish by using ''software and phrasebooks''. I still like blogging (obviously) and Tumblring on my ESC blog. I haven't written in my diary for a long time, it was mainly to document my last year at school because I wanted to remember it, I don't want to remember how bad my first year at college was overall.
Things I'm involved in: As regular readers will know, I took over as President of the Amnesty International Student Group at my college. Our first campaign order has arrived and I'm itching to go and pick it up, hate that I have to wait until Tuesday :( Haha. I'm still undergoing SOS training although it's been stopped until after study leave and I have no idea what's going on with choir at the moment, Rob rightfully wanted to focus on AS/BTEC coursework and now we're on study leave, so I have no idea. I ended my Beginner's Spanish lessons in March(ish) when the course ended and I could tick it off on my CoPE list. I'm now involved in college magazine, Working Title, too, and it's way better than Press Gang (school newspaper) ever was, plus our editor is awesome :)

So, there we have it, a year on and I'm still pretty much the same but I think I've just grown as a person. There are many things I could've said about how I've felt this week knowing it's been a year, but I think I might actually do a little diary entry at some point this week to get those thoughts down onto paper. There are things you blog, and things nobody cares about, those thoughts fall into the second category :P

Besos
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment