Tuesday 5 April 2011

False Hope

Today was ridiculous. Thoroughly ridiculous. We had the news broken to us in tutor today that the Personal Tutor system is changing next year, and that we're all going to have new forms and form tutors. I wanted to cry. 

It's taken me long enough to settle into the current tutor group I'm in now, to get to know people, to have a friend in there, to be able to talk to my tutor, Tim. I hope I get a decent tutor, there are so many horrific teachers in my college that don't know what they're doing. I'm hoping that I'll know someone in my form, I can't go through what I did with not knowing anyone in my current form again, I just can't.

Amnesty is still doing my head in. I just don't understand what the point in it all is if people in the group are just negative about it and can't be bothered with it anymore. I'm ridiculously pessimistic, but even I can see that the more negative you are, the more unhappy you are...

Miraculously, I got 90% on my Spanish listening mock yesterday, the reading was 65% but I already knew I needed to work on that... I averaged out at a B, and my teacher has now decided I could get an A overall in the exam. I cannot even begin to express how happy that conversation made me. That was the one redeeming part of my day. Ugh.

Besos
Rachel 


1 comment:

  1. Why on earth do we need new tutors?!
    Fletch is practically my bezzie!
    This makes me sad :( xxx

    ReplyDelete