Monday 18 April 2011

We Are Okay/You Are Good Enough

As with every time I do a post on here, I checked by Blogger Stats last night - I usually do it just to see if I have any comments, but last night I flicked through all of the tabs. The traffic sources really caught my attention yesterday. Without saying on here exactly what some people searched in order to find my blog, the searches that led them here made me realise one thing: I'm not alone in feeling like I'm not good enough, like I don't really have a voice etc.

I just wanted to do a little post today as reassurance to those people that did find my blog from those searches. I can only assume that those people are all teenagers/young, mainly because I never really imagine adults searching for things like that and then reading my blog... so I just want to say to all of those people that feel like they're not good enough: you are good enough.

It's OK to feel like you've failed sometimes, because if we never fail at something then we'll never learn from things and grow and progress. It's OK to want to improve things about yourself, because it shows that you're conscious about how other people view you, but sometimes it's better to know that nobody is perfect and that you really are good enough as you are.

You see, if you spend your life trying to please or impress people to feel like you fit or like you're good enough to be around them, the only person you're letting down is yourself. I sometimes still wonder how I managed to get out of the very oppressive friendship group I used to have and find at least a group of friends who don't pressure me into doing stupid things that I shouldn't be doing, but I did. You have to make your own opportunities to be heard and make yourself known, get involved with things, groups in school/college, groups out of school/college. Find something you like and the people that are part of that group will instantly have something in common with you.

Start a blog up, even, one of the main reasons I've kept up with mine is because it's one of the best ways of expressing myself and, in contrary to my blog title, not just be The Quiet One.

This may not be helpful to anybody at all, but I hope that at least one person reads it and feels a little bit uplifted :) 

Besos
Rachel 

"I'll be alright Gonna spread my wings and feel alive I'm gonna make it through, I'm aiming high." - I'll Be Alright - Eric Saade
 

No comments:

Post a Comment