Thursday 7 April 2011

Please Don't Stop the Rain

Yesterday was the two year anniversary of when I went to see James Morrison live at Sheffield Academy, it was also the release date of my absolute favourite song by him - Please Don't Stop the Rain. Me and Beth were about three rows from the stage, yeah, we felt pretty cool. Anyway, I meant to blog about it yesterday but I've only just found time. Anyway, it was one of the best nights of my life. I loved that man so much back then, haha. (Still do, just a bit less than back then 'cause he hasn't released anything in AGES.)

The lyrics to Please Don't Stop the Rain continue to inspire me:
"Let it fall, let it fall, let it fall, please don't stop the rain."



Ugh. I wish I was there now, today was horrible. That is all. I wish things were different, I wish they were less complicated. I wish I just hadn't been in college for yesterday or today, it was awful. Well, everything except my 30/30/A*/full marks Spanish writing mock. YES! My teacher actually came into the room I was working in and went "Rachel, I just want to congratulate you on this writing and your improvement, I can't fault it." I wanted to cry with happiness (a feeling that was unfairly later replaced with wanting to cry with shock/anger).


Anyway, I guess what I want to say about my Spanish is that I know I talk about it a lot, probably way too much, actually. But, and here's the important bit. I got an E in my first listening mock, I got an A* on Monday. I was on a C overall at Christmas, I'm on an A overall now (I think). I couldn't have worked harder or tried to do well in Spanish, and it's all slowly starting to pay off. Moral of the story: in the words of the wonderful Josh Groban, "don't give up, it's just the weight of the world". Other moral of the story: revise in the weirdest ways you can think of, it works :)


Besos
Rachel 


"Nobody knows the price of this dream, nobody knows what it took to believe." - Runaway, Mat Kearney

1 comment: