Saturday 2 April 2011

Journey

Today, like every other day recently, has been long and tiring. I'm ending it by listening to Jelena Rozga and wondering if I'll ever go back to Croatia (I hope I will).


There was an explosion of some sort (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1372322/Fire-raining-sky-Flames-tower-suburban-street-diesel-tank-explosion.html?ito=feeds-newsxml) near to my college, so both of my journeys to and from college today were redirected...a different way each time. The worst part was that on the way home, I noticed that the 'bus redecoration' has started...and now our college buses have advertisements for the college on them. Eurgh.


Next Friday is the final payment day for Poland, yet another journey that is so close yet so far away. The closer it gets, the more nervous I get about the Auschwitz visit, yet at the same time I think there's probably always going to be a bit of me that will be thankful when it's over - we all know it's not going to be the best day of our lives.

Leaving school is still very much on my mind, as is the fact that it's going to be so strange when some people leave for university this year (mainly Poppy, but it's also weird that Jack and Rachael won't be in Spanish next year too...even though we don't speak much).  


I drove my mum's car for the first time earlier this evening, it was thoroughly terrifying, but I managed to do fairly well considering it was a different car to the one I learn in and the gears were horrible. I can reverse better than driving in a straight line, how on earth does that work?! I have a two hour long lesson tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see how I do in that...


I have actual, proper plans for my Spanish blog - from now on, we're all going to have 'Spanish Friday' :D I'm probably also going to post the English equivalent, so those of you who are bilingual in these two languages will be in for a treat ;) I've been saying I want to do it for a while and I decided last night that I am. I'm obviously going to have to plan them all and stuff, which is why it didn't start this week, but hopefully it'll be a good one for you all next week.

Besos
Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment