Monday 7 June 2010

Always a Student

OK, so I've spent quite a while trying to decide on a project to do over the summer. I hate long school holidays and this one is even longer than usual due to study leave.

Have decided that it will basically be the following:

- Each day I choose a language

- I pick 5-10 random words to memorise

- I obviously keep a running list of these random words, the language and the English translation otherwise it’d be pointless

- So, hopefully by the end of the holiday I’ll have learnt 100 ish words

- These words can include English ones, because I don’t know every word in the dictionary

- I’ll also post them on here each day too

Sound good? I think so :)

Sidenote: I may also attempt to learn the Greek or Russian alphabet.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Besos
Rachel

6 comments:

  1. D'fhéadfaí tú ag foghlaim Gaelige! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could try learn one of the japanese writing systems perhaps? they're quite fun once you get the hang of them =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think Irish is quite an intriguing language :) And Aiden, I'm not the most arty person (as we all know after my Spanish stick woman...). Other suggestions from people outside of here have included:
    French, German, Italian and Russian. And I think somebody suggested Turkish but I'm not sure.
    (This is mostly for me to refer back to, really)

    PS: Hello Brian :)
    PPS: Hello to Aiden too but I'm going to see you every day this week, so y'know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you could learn portuguese. Like you already study Spanish and both has similarities, could be a good choice. Portuguese is a nice language and we could comunicate in portuguese as well and I could help you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should learn Japanese I agree, but written in romaji (English letters) or katakana (the most simple alphabet. Actually they have tonnes of words that aren't quite English, those might be fun. I speak French, Spanish, Italian and German too so lot me know if you need help. Sorry if I come across as a dick when I have more than 140 characters to play with :(

    ReplyDelete