Tuesday 8 June 2010

Forgiveness

Somebody did something to me a few weeks ago (in fact, about a month ago) that really, really affected me. I won't go into detail because it's not worth the fuss and it was quite a small thing that will be insignificant in a few months. But, at the time it was a ridiculously huge thing and it really upset me. What possibly is even more annoying is that the person did it purely for selfish reasons - when the whole idea of doing it was to be grateful and make someone feel appreciated.

It hurt me firstly because this person didn't bother to tell me what they'd done until a good few days after, when it came as a complete shock and I could tell their 'apology' was forced and they didn't really mean it. It also hurt me because I spent a long, long time doing my part in it and putting every emotion possible into it to make it mean something, and said person ruined it. Not only ruined it, but didn't care. Great.

I should really be 'over it' by now, it happened about a month ago and the other person involved has probably forgotten about what was said, but for some reason I just can't forgive what said person did. For me, it was like the ultimate betrayal. And I know I'm being REALLY vague. If you don't know me (personally) and are wondering what on earth I could be describing here: it's really not worth explaining. I'm just having a moan - it's what I'm good at.

I don't find it hard to forgive people normally. I'm assuming that I'm finding this hard because of how emotional it was for me. I don't really know, I just can't forgive it right now but I feel like I should because it's kind of affecting things. Or should I just let myself do it over time? After all, it's not me that did something wrong...

Besos
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment