Sunday 20 June 2010

Birthday Wishes


Today is my cousin Becky’s birthday and the first of my many intended birthday blogs for my friends and family :)

I’ve literally known her all my life now, and it’s certainly been interesting if nothing else. We’ve always been a pair, and she’s a bit like the sister I never had - she certainly makes our house home whenever she visits…

When we were little we’d play every game imaginable - everything from hairdressers to supermarkets to popstars to houses - and it’s fair to say I’ve never been bored in her company. We’ve even accidentally sort of gone on holiday to Blackpool together. I hope I never forget the way her mum laughed hysterically at my brother’s bad dancing and I remember seeing Becky walking down the street from my hotel room and being really confused about why she was there.

Summers were always the best though, when we’d just play endlessly on bikes and my swingset until it was time for someone to go home. I worried that once the games ended and we got older, we’d drift apart - we haven’t.

If anything we’re better friends now than ever and we’re never not laughing or joking about something. It’s mostly Becky’s blondeness that causes the amusement but I wouldn’t change it for the world. She knows I'm never going to stop reminding her that she's only three months older than me, it's been ongoing since we could speak now. We once formed an R&R club (the time my brother wet himself...long story) and it seems to have been pretty strong since. I once made her a card in tech with Fred from Dancing on Ice in it and she returned the favour by sticking a newspaper article about Richard Hammond in mine last year (thanks for that...), she also added my stalker on Facebook for me but even though it's kind of annoying, I still love her for it (though Jude singing "don't cry for me Argentina" was going a bit far).

So, happy birthday from me, Kettle and Vivienne. Hope your day hasn’t been too bad considering the circumstances.

Lots of love,

Rach :) x

PS: Erin's joined the 'We love Gareth Malone' club too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment