Tuesday 22 June 2010

The Sun

It's been absolutely boiling here today...which is a nice change from it just permanently raining. The sun being out has convinced me even more that I have Seasonal Affective Disorder, as I can literally never feel down when the sun's out but I spend all of winter feeling depressed. Anyway, the sunshine has put me in a happy mood despite two hours of dull food tech revision this morning and then an impromptu but funny meeting with my deputy head (it involved me ''pretending to be headmaster'', long story...)

One thing I absolutely LOVE about summer is that there's always an album by an artist or band I like being released and therefore summer is always full of good music :) This morning I got to hear the first single from Marron 5's new album Hands All Over. It's called Misery but the song's actually really upbeat - I like how artists do that because otherwise music would generally be very depressing. I also just heard No Me Digas Que No by Enrique Iglesias (featuring Wisin y Yandel) from his new album Euphoria. I haven't listened to any Spanish music in a few weeks and it's just reminded me why I love studying Spanish so much and has definitely given me back the enthusiasm I felt like I was lacking since the Spanish exam and it was over until September.

In 18 days I am going on an expedition to Croatia with my school/the organisation World Challenge. It's taken me until now to start getting excited about it but, finally, I am starting to look forward to it much more than I have been. I've had a pretty rough World Challenge experience so far with lots of mishaps and falling out with more than one team member but I've put those things behind me and I'm going to be sharing a tent with one of the people that I kind of fell out with - it's going to be good because she's really nice and she's been really up for things I've suggested since then, so I'm being positive.

I keep having to remind myself that I am actually going to Croatia, it still doesn't feel real to be honest. I've developed a 'love' for travelling and the world over the past two years or so, and it's incredible that I'm actually going travelling. I have approximately 16 days to learn some Croatian...that should be interesting. I need to go and see a teacher to organise something about that, actually... Anyway, I'm looking forward to it despite the amount of rubbish that I've had to put up with throughout the whole process.

Next Wednesday is our high school prom :) It's something that us girls have all been dreaming of and planning since at least year seven and that doesn't feel 'real' at the moment either. I'm praying for sun on that day, but part of me still believes that it will just throw it down to annoy us all. It's not often (or ever, in my case) that you get to dress up and go out for the evening with hundreds of people so I'm going to make the most of it and enjoy being around my friends and teachers for one final evening.

After tomorrow, I'll be able to blog properly as usual again (yay) because my exams will be over and I'm free for the summer.

Besos
Rachel


1 comment:

  1. i wasnt going to go to prom until i met you girls and i think im a girl. lol

    ReplyDelete