Wednesday 28 September 2011

Are you working yet, Blogspot?

Fingers crossed this will actually post. I spent ages last time writing and it wouldn't publish or save. Grr.


Anyway, tomorrow I've been asked to go into school (as in Crofton, not college) and help out with the open evening World Challenge stall. Obviously, I said yes. I'm excited to go back and see people but nervous at the same time - at the moment I only have teachers who I don't know surrounding me so it'll be so strange to see the ones who do know me...or knew me...whichever.

Speaking of, I saw my old Spanish teacher today. He always picks his kids up from a school in the village and I've seen him about once or twice before, we actually stopped to talk today. I told him I was studying Spanish and his reaction made me smile. He also told me to ''just get out there'' (there = Spain). I'm using that encounter as preparation for tomorrow evening, haha. It all made me smile though, and it was nice to see him again - when I think waaaay back, his teaching was the reason I loved Spanish so much and that love is still there now. It turns out that he finished writing his book yesterday. What is it with teachers leaving education to write books?...I wouldn't be shocked if my life turned out to be similar, though :-)


So, excited-nervous for tomorrow evening. Most of today was so messed up - I told my new tutor about an incident in English, nearly cried in Spanish because Ester was just patronising me, nearly cried in English because of Spanish and my feeling of dread towards the lesson, then nearly cried outside the Amnesty meeting. I then nearly cried again when all of my friends just ditched me in our free after lunch. Oh dear. I'm not sure I even want to be reminded of how good things used to be tomorrow - it's been a while since I've had someone to turn to. On one hand, it's going to be tough because I'll be there to help sell the school even though I feel rubbish, but on the other I'm proud to have been asked to go back and help out. 


I think I mainly need some proper sleep. I haven't slept well this week AT ALL so I'm just constantly wandering around in an odd state...

Oh, and it's Jade's birthday tomorrow, so I must be cheery for Psychology ;-)


Besos  
Rachel  

No comments:

Post a Comment