Wednesday 7 September 2011

Please would the person making the mess tidy it up next time?

You know when you get a spare half hour or so and think ''oh, I'll go and sort that thing out''? I had that moment this morning. 


Oh, I wasn't expecting that...

If you can't tell, that is my desk. My perfectly tidy, cute little desk. The cleaners clearly did a great job over the summer. There were things there that didn't even belong to us, so that was interesting. Even worse, the cleaners left the bin on my desk. Who does that?! Bins go on the floor for a reason, not on a surface used for working on. My OCD side had a field day with the mess in there. Eliza and I basically just threw everything in the corner and on the floor and then I made my desk look...normal...again and left. 


Ahhh, much better ;) Although, if any of the Geography staff start leaving stuff on there, words will be had. The one thing I cannot stand is when people mess up my stuff. Grrr. Anyway, once we'd got over the horror of how messy it was, it was all quite amusing. But, with the Geography staff in there now too, it's very claustrophobic. The office is smaller than you'd imagine a small spare room to be, so it's going to be interesting. Oh, and one of the staff decided he needed to store the following in the office...




Very odd/intriguing. The member of staff these random tubs belong to also happens to be my EP teacher. Fun times...

When I wasn't tidying throwing things on the floor, I was in lessons. I'm actually quite happy with my new timetable. I get Wednesday and Thursday afternoons off :) I had Spanish P2 today and our new class is already miles better than last year's - we all got along well today and it was just nice for once :) I also had English Language, and I don't really know anyone in there, so Chloe from Spanish came and sat with me. It's nice getting to know new people.

It's only the first week, but I can already see myself living in the language lab for the year, which is totally fine with me. I was in there alone with my teacher this afternoon working on some translations and it was good to be able to get help when necessary. 


Oh, and my new tutor is actually a different teacher now, but it's all good because he's the one who sorted out all the rubbish before Christmas and, when I told him he was my tutor, he sort of went ''waaaaaaaaay'' and seemed rather...happy? He's a languages teacher though, so the personal statement writing may be a bit smoother than anticipated. 


Positivity challenge: Going rather well thus far, managed to get through the office situation without any problems, there's only one thing bothering me and it's been ongoing for about a year really. Maybe it's one of those things I can't do anything about? Hmm...


Besos  
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment