Saturday 10 September 2011

Late night musings

As I begin typing, it is 00:16am, Saturday 10th September (mainly referred to as 'Party Day' in my household). In approximately 13 hours, I'm going to pick Rachel up from the train station. In fact, if her train isn't late, in 13 hours I will be with her. I don't even know where the train's coming from, I think she has to change at Sheffield possibly? It's Melton, Leicester, Derby, and after that I don't know. Anyway, as I just told Facebook (mainly because she will probably read it), I'm ridiculously excited to see her again. I'm also ridiculously nervous, because it has been four years. But still... :D

My half cousin also posted on Facebook ''bring on tomorrow night'' before midnight, and it made me smile to know that she's looking forward to it. Another relative has even booked Sunday off work because, in my grandma's words, he wants to enjoy it. Haha. 

I get to see some of the Doncaster relatives tomorrow, and I'm ridiculously excited about that too. Fern has already told me that she wants to meet my great auntie Helen because I described her, quite simply, as one of those people that is just truly lovely. And she is.

Family is such an odd thing. In the past month or so, I've really found myself appreciating the family I still have - most probably because of things that have happened recently, but also because there some people who I feel honoured to know. I really want them all to enjoy themselves this evening, because it means something to see them happy

Today was, by college standards, rather average. I had a free period first and used it to, shock horror (given my lack of time), continue re-reading Eleven. I was telling somebody yesterday that I ''never have time to read :('' and realised that there was no reason why I couldn't in my free...so I did. I also read during my free after lunch, although it was frequently interrupted by Sarah yelling ''NOOOOO, BIG ONION!" at the Shrek game on my iPod. All was forgiven when she 'spilled' the gossip she had ;)

Still no further in dealing with the budget issue of yesterday. Have refused to go back and try speaking to the same woman because I'm not in the mood to just be shouted at again. Moving on...

I had so many things that I wanted to write about today - the walk home from the bus stop was spent planning my next post, and then I couldn't breathe properly (that was fun...) and ended up driving to pick my mum up, so I completely forgot it all. But, I'm sure I'll have plenty to talk about over the weekend ;) :)


PS: Am still reminding myself to be positive and still succeeding. Didn't even get annoyed at the girl in my English class saying she ''wanted to commit suicide'' because the teacher told her to stop talking when he was. People like that do wind me up, though. 

Besos  
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment