Thursday 15 September 2011

Hiding

If you've come here looking for a message or a lesson or something uplifting today, you are, unfortunately, out of luck. As am I.

I hoped that by the time year thirteen came around, people would have grown up a little, I really did. But, no, it seems they really haven't.

In short, there's a group of people in my English class who a) don't know me...none of them know me or know anything about me and b) all sit together. In yesterday's lesson, they all decided it was clearly the best option to randomly talk about me - while the teacher was teaching the lesson, this is. Not even just talking about me, though. Oh no, these clearly so immature girls also thought throwing paper at me was a good idea. What even?... It's not even insulting, it's just weird. 

But this has made me think, because at the end of year twelve, college made some of us write letters to go in the prospectus about college life. There was a prize and the winner's letter got published. I won. Which is all well and good, but the teacher who told me also said that it's ''going to get announced to all of college''. Great. Because it's not like I was already viewed as the college geek... So as the title indicates, I may have to spend a little time hiding...

I don't know...maybe I just live that stereotype? I am more than a bit sick of it though...

Oh, and to the pathetic girl stalking me on Twitter - life's a lot better when you get one of your own.

Besos  
Rachel
 

1 comment:

  1. haha pretty sure no-ones been throwing paper at you mate! only found out who the hell you were when we found out you'd written this!! oh the things people will do for attention

    ReplyDelete