Friday 29 July 2011

Au revoir for now

So, in about two hours I'm setting off for Plymouth - we're staying there overnight before getting the ferry to St Malo (France) tomorrow and we're going to be staying in Perros-Guirec for a week.

I'm not entirely sure I can be bothered with this holiday. This is the third time in July alone that I've condensed my life into a suitcase/bag, only this time I'm going to be spending a week with the same three people that I spent every single day with. My mum is currently unbearable/I'm avoiding her at all costs because she seems to have the attitude of a holiday equalling the same as moving house or something else major happening. 

I'm hoping that somewhere in the area will have wi-fi, but if not I might have to resort to blogging from my phone (and if you've seen the state of my phone, you'll know that's a pretty big commitment) because I know I'll end up going insane if I end up completely cut off from the world outside my immediate family. 

I'm also not a fan of ferry travel - it just seems so stupid travelling for five hours on a ferry when you could be there within two on a plane. My dad's 'fear' of flying means our holidays are generally terrible - I think our worst has to be Wales 2009 where within about two days we'd decided we'd have to book another holiday to make up for how terrible it was. 

I *might* keep a video diary whilst I'm there. Well, I might film my brother telling you all where we are at certain times. I'm hoping the ferry (or a service station somewhere) might sell a Spanish newspaper or something - it did last time but that was a long time ago. 

So, I'll be back at some point within a week, maybe even tonight if the hotel has wi-fi. Have a fabulous week guys :)

Besos  
Rachel
 

No comments:

Post a Comment