Saturday 2 July 2011

Poland Update

So, I'm writing to you live from the reception of Hotel Alexander, here in Krakòw, Poland. I'm going to properly update when I get back either tomorrow or Monday. This week has literally just been insane - Auschwitz/Birkenau, ghost tour, realising that my 'friends' aren't really very friendly. The list could go on.

Tonight is our last day/night, and I guess right now I'm a little emotional because it's been so good and I'm going back to a life that's just...not. Tomorrow evening I'll be thrust back into the world of family arguments and false friends and being stressed and it just makes me feel ill just thinking about it.

Right now, the group of girls that my roomies are friends with are all in my room so I've been forced out. I went to Jess, Jess and Bethan's room but I'm not feeling very social so I came down here to blog. I told the others I was checking my email...never mind. I can hear Bethan and Stevan now, actually. They must be on the stairs. Fiona (one of the teachers) is sat on the opposite side of reception taking advantage of the free wifi too, and a man just walked past, smiled and said something random in Polish. He's now shining his shoes next to the lift. I don't even know... More soon. R x

No comments:

Post a Comment