Sunday 10 July 2011

Poland Diary - Sunday 3rd July, 2:48pm, Plane to Liverpool

After giving them their gifts I went upstairs and packed. I didn’t really understand why Jade and the others went back so early to pack because it only took me about 10-15 minutes…not two hours. To be honest, I do think it was a bit of an excuse from some people (alright, someone) but I guess it doesn’t matter now anyway. I enjoyed my evening with Jess enough to not care. I listened to my iPod for a while before bed to try and wind down a bit before trying to sleep. It was kind of good to know where everything was. I’m pretty sure I haven’t left anything. The only thing I couldn’t find was a travel adapter and Sarah and Steph found it this morning once I’d locked my suitcase. At least I won’t get shouted at for losing it now.

I was first down to breakfast again this morning (well, excluding Nigel who has never actually had breakfast with the rest of us at all) and I think I’ve really appreciated that in the past two days - being in a big group 24/7 really wound me up in Croatia and it was no different in Poland. Plus it was nice to get the watermelon before it started to dry out (ha, how sad…) Sarah and Steph came down after about five minutes and it was nice to eat just as roomies for the last breakfast. They both introduced themselves to Nutella and Sarah decided she’ll be stopping at the shop on the way home to buy some. Honestly… When we were upstairs we took some pictures together too. Steph is really lovely, and it really hasn’t mattered that we didn’t know each other. Even though I experienced it in Croatia last year, it still surprised me how I could get along so well with people I didn’t know. I’ve enjoyed the company of people I didn’t know more than that of my actual friends, but to be honest that wasn’t a great surprise considering I wasn't around them as much for most of the trip.

Sidenote: the teachers all just turned round to stare at me. Awkward…

Anyway, we all finished packing our things we’d needed overnight then went downstairs and handed in our key for the last time (sob sob). I won’t be sad to leave our broken shower and duvets that unravel themselves… We pretty much took over the whole of the reception with all our suitcases and hand luggage as it was just everywhere.

While I was sitting downstairs waiting for Steph to go up and finish packing (I eventually left her and went up alone), Nigel came and sat with me and thanked me again and told me that it was a perfect gift. Aww. He then told me to keep in touch, saying “I have Facebook, you know.”

Anna, our tour guide, turned up, followed shortly by two mini buses - I sat with Jade again. Everybody was saying how they don’t want to go home and even though I’m on the plane it still doesn’t feel like I am. College is going to be awful in comparison. We camped out on the floor next to check-in for about half an hour. We checked in, went through security and then went into the departures lounge bit for gate 3. We sat there for a while and I wrote in here but it didn’t seem as long as it was. I sat on the floor to write because I had nothing to lean on sitting on the chair and got lots of ‘you’re odd’ looks from people. Haha. Stevan was obviously watching me write/reading what I was saying over my shoulder from the chair behind me. Weirdly, I wasn’t very bothered by it. Then, we were allowed to queue up for boarding even though people were still leaving the plane from the plane to Kraków. We all had to squash together in the queue to make sure we got through together. We got transported to the plane by a shuttle bus like when we arrived although it kept having to stop as the plane still wasn’t ready. We all debated which way we should run to get to sit together and when we eventually could get off everybody ran to the plane. We’re currently all (mainly) sat together at the front of the plane. I’m with Bethan and Stevan; Jade, Jess and Jess are behind.

I feel like I’ve really been myself again for these last few days. I’ve just been happy and have felt like people wanted to be around me rather than avoiding me like some people. I mentioned something like this earlier and Fiona sounded surprised that I don’t like some of my friends (sometimes), but like Jess said last night, it’s hard to do anything about a situation like that, which is just rubbish because it means you’re just unhappy. Plus, I think our random religion conversation has, for some reason, given me some renewed hope. But I do wish we could just stay in our little Poland bubble forever…

No comments:

Post a Comment