Sunday 10 July 2011

Poland Diary - Wednesday 29th June, 2:23pm, Plane to Kraków

Been in the air for just over an hour (I think). I’m sitting with Sarah and a woman I don’t know. Jade and Pati are behind us and Beth and Talor are two rows in front. We’re all spread out all over the plane but I don’t think anybody in our group had problems getting a seat.

When our gate number (1) appeared, we all went and queued for what seemed like ages before we could finally get on the plane. It probably wasn’t all that long to be honest, but having a dad who refuses to fly means I’ve only ever flown three times (six if you count both ways) and have never had a flight longer than 3 hours.

So far, all of us girls except 3 are generally alright with being in a large group together. I doubt it’ll stay that way, but at the moment it’s fine. The other two girls went off together a lot and Bethan generally stuck with Stevan. I definitely think my experiences with Croatia are helpful because if I didn’t have that experience, I’d probably find it a lot harder.

Fern texted me earlier to tell me that a certain two people have been annoying her. NOT surprising because one of them is beyond irritating 24/7. I’m glad to get away from it all for a few days to be honest.

First impressions of things so far - Pati, Jess and Jess are all lovely. We’ve just been chatting to whoever we’re with which definitely reminds me of Croatia. It strikes me that when in a situation like ours, people just automatically bond and get along well, plus we’re all older and nobody seems like that stereotypical high school bitchy girl sort of person so I think we’re alright.

Update - 2:50ish
    - Just been told we’re flying over what we think is Cologne (Germany) and we’re 20 mins ahead of schedule. Sarah’s playing games on my iPod and we’re in a bit of turbulence as it’s raining in Poland. Apparently it’s 19*C though, so not all bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment