Monday 21 March 2011

100 facts about me

To keep up with the (literal) trend...here are my #100factsaboutme (in no special order):

1. I have lived in two different places
2. I live with my two parents and my brother
3. I have a rabbit called Dusty (aka Duddy, Duds, Dudsworthy...) and a guinea pig called Peanut (who is nicknameless)
4. The happiest day of my life was Thursday 15th July 2010 - Muskovci, Zadar County, Croatia
5. The happiest night of my life was the same ^
6. Because of that visit, I fell in love with Croatia and its people
7. I love foreign languages
8. I don't care what I do with my life as long as it involves travel, languages, or both at the same time
9. Sometimes, I want to be a teacher
10. I am a member of the college Amnesty International Group, the SOS team (currently in training, actually), Rob's Mediocre Choir and now the college magazine (currently called Working Title)
11. At the moment, all I spent my time doing is coursework
12. I am currently listening to Giddy Up - The Hoosiers
13. I am a summer person
14. I'm also a night owl...leading to also being a slight insomniac
15. My favourite thing to study is Spanish
16. I have conjugated verbs in 4 languages (English, Spanish, Swedish, French)
17. I am going to Poland this summer to visit Auschwitz
18. I will obviously learn very basic Polish for the visit ^
19. My last Facebook status update was on Friday ''Loved today with the RND team (Chloe, Poppy, Zoe, Eliza, Danny, Kerry, Jonathan) raising £388.76. Well done everyone :)''
20. My contribution to the RND team was to stand up singing for 5 hours with just 15 minutes break somewhere around halfway through
21. I have met some incredible people since starting college (Poppy, Amnesty Group, my AS English group are all pretty cool also...)
22. I accidentally became involved with the college magazine by accidentally being in the teacher's room during the first meeting
23. I started this blog when I was bored
24. I have a Tumblr, but I barely use it and I only ever check my dashboard for the Josh Groban updates
25. I am obsessed with/in love with Josh Groban ^
26. My favourite song of his is February Song, it took on a whole new meaning this February
27. I was one of two students in college who organised the Children in Need fundraising activities in November
28. Because of being one of those two students, I became good friends with Chloe, a girl in my form
29. I like form every Tuesday, period 3, because it always amuses me, somehow...
30. Every 3rd(ish) song on my iPod is a track from the Spanish 'listening' CDs
31. My other absolute favourite musician is Jack Johnson
32. My love for him was established on my favourite day/night ever, courtesy of the awesome Slav, our Croatian tour guide
33. I don't have a favourite song by him because there are too many
34. At Or With Me always makes me think of the people that tried to make my life miserable (some of whom succeeded...) and always makes me feel superior
35. The most emotional song (for me) in my iTunes library is Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
36. My idea to sing it at choir when we were stuck for ideas was rejected ^ followed by Rob (Choirmaster) teasing me about it
37. I was inspired to join the choir by Gareth Malone
38. I told my Spanish teacher in our speaking practice session this afternoon that I don't admire anybody famous, though I've just realised that I do
39. I should be writing my three articles for college magazine, however I don't have one of them on me, the other is pretty much finished and the other hasn't even been started
40. I never thought I'd be interested in learning a language like Japanese, my study day in Leeds proved me wrong
41. El espanol es mi vida
42. My favourite foreign musicians/bands are Camila and Sakis Rouvas
43. I always listen to foreign music on the bus because I'm almost 100% convinced that nobody else will have heard of the artists, so nobody can judge
44. I am currently obsessed with the song Mahlakas Unenagu by Koit Toome (Estonian)
45. I find it hard to trust people
46. I only have a small group of friends (Fern, Eliza, Danny, Zoe, Keyana, Katie, Natalie, Eleanor) because of this reason
47. I tend to feel quite oppressed by people who like debating opinions
48. I have two friends who I feel like I cannot talk when I'm around
49. There is one girl who seems to get pleasure from trying to bother me, she fails every time
50. I have hayfever...all year round...
51. The only place I haven't suffered with it is in Croatia...where I spent a whole week outdoors
52. I will buy a notebook even if I know I'll never use it as long as it's pretty
53. I like coffee, but I have to drink it every day otherwise it tastes disgusting
54. I don't understand people that chose to go to college, but refuse to do the work or what they are instructed to do by teachers
55. I don't understand the craze for pink hair, except on my friend Eleanor who suits her hair colour
56. I don't like the 'social' college environment
57. I really don't know which subject I should drop at the end of this year
58. I always feel under pressure to succeed in everything that I do
59. I don't like talking about my achievements
60. Despite this ^ people like showing off when they do better than me in something, as if that's the best part about their own achievements
61. I still miss school
62. I met Mark Watson in November
63. I have never met anybody else who is that famous
64. I did once meet G.P. Taylor at a creative writing awards ceremony, but he's not as famous/well known as Mark Watson
65. I also once got rollerbladed over by Shaznay from the band All Saints in Bridlington as a toddler
66. Some of my other favourite musicians include Mat Kearney, Matt Nathanson, Needtobreathe, Tim Minchin, The Hoosiers, Eric Saade...
67. I am beyond obsessed with the Eurovision Song Contest
68. I was very tense waiting to see if Eric Saade won Melodifestivalen 2011
69. I like our entry this year, for the first time in a while
70. I love the Twitter ESC community that I talk to
71. I credit ESC for helping me to establish my love of languages
72. I also credit my love of languages and the world for me becoming a part of the Amnesty Group
73. My Media teacher told me that I ''try to save the world'', I think I probably do
74. I often find myself in ridiculous situations, such as meeting the local MP while dressed as a hula girl, but I wouldn't change it for the world
75. I have email-interviewed Jason Manford and Dean Smith (Phil in Waterloo Road)
76. I still have four signed celebrity prizes left over from Children in Need that the Student Exec in my college told me not to do anything with, my conscience feels guilty that they never raised any money as originally intended
77. I hate talking about how my driving lessons are going, everyone else seems to be progressing and I don't
78. I get family discount for driving lessons as my instructor is my mum's cousin
79. I have always been one of the oldest in my school/college year as my birthday is in mid September
80. This has meant that I've generally had bad friendships with people less mature than me, thus causing problems, yet I find it hard to get along with people older than me
81. I am still being harrasssed via email, only now it's just a bit less than before
82. I'm the first to fault myself
83. I've never had a panic attack, although there have been two occasions when I thought I was - one being due to dehydration halfway up a mountain when I panicked that I would injure myself if I carried on walking but I had no choice, the other time being my parents had to ring the police about a bullying issue
84. This blog has replaced my diary
85. I got full marks in my GCSE Applied ICT coursework, gaining me two A*s, despite the teacher telling me I couldn't get an A* without resitting the exam...I never resat the exam. My Head of Year was happier about that grade than I was after the problems we had with that useless teacher
86. I used to be the Editor of Press Gang, the school newspaper
87. I am a proud former World Challenger, and miss being one right now
88. I miss Pushing Daisies
89. I also miss Lee Pace as Ned
90. I also want a Ned/Chuck romance, even though it's incredibly twisted and they can't touch/he brought her back to life
91. I continue to be amazed by how similar languages are
92. Today's Spanish lesson in numbers was spent just laughing with Amy about the fact that we kept making numbers up (nove, cintrenta, sies...)
93. It took me until January to figure out that when my Spanish teacher says ''is that OK?'' after every sentence she says, she really means ''do you understand?'' (i.e. "You need to look at the sheet and answer the reading questions, is that OK?")
94. Every speaking session I have with my Spanish teacher gets interrupted at least twice
95. When I realised earlier that I understand the imperfect subjunctive, I could've cried with happiness
96. This blog is named after lyrics from If I Walk Away by Josh Groban
97. I have seen Kate Rusby twice in concert, and Underneath the Stars is still one of my absolute favourite songs
98. I went through a very long phase of letting my opinions/thoughts be ruled by lyrics, I'm convinced I'll end up back in that phase someday soon
99. I have grown up a heck of a lot since September/starting college/May/leaving school/July/Croatia
100. I don't lead a very interesting life, as demonstrated by my 100 random facts.

Besos
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment