Tuesday 22 March 2011

In and Out of Focus

Today has been a long day, I felt ill for most of it and didn't get much time to myself. I had my monitoring interview with my college tutor, Tim, this morning before lunch. We established that I had things I needed to ask all of my college teachers about, yay, how fun. 

I spent most of today beating myself up (obviously not literally...) about how focused I am on my college work and getting worked up about the fact that I cannot dedicate enough time to my non-coursework subjects as I'd like. From high priority to low priority, my subjects go:
1. Spanish
2. Media Studies
3. English Language
4. Psychology
5. CoPE
Psychology needs to be a lot higher up, second at least if not joint with Spanish. I have coursework to fall back on with Media and English, I don't with Spanish and Psychology (CoPE isn't a proper subject...). I'm going to be such a nervous wreck before the summer exams, honestly, you cannot even imagine how sick I already feel at the thought of them. I'm working my way up to forcing myself to stick to a weekly study plan, but the thought of that also makes me feel sick...


Luckily, my choirmaster approached me yesterday and told me that it's back on Friday :D I wanted to go ''YEEEEESSSSSS'' but I obviously didn't, I just laughed when he started messing about and then laughed again when he started teasing my friend Chloe (I laughed a lot yesterday, which was a nice change). Honestly, college has been so bad without choir. Rob asked me ''it's back on Friday, that is, if you still want it?'' - I couldn't 'want' it more. Life is so much better when we have our weekly rehearsals.


I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned Camila much on here. They're a Mexican 'soft rock' band who I discovered via 'Genius Recommendations', well, the older version of them, and I absolutely LOVE them. De Mi is so haunting and beautiful, their whole latest album 'Dejarte De Amar' is beautiful, actually. Their first album, Todo CambiĆ³, is a lot more 'rocky', but there are still some beautiful songs on there too. especially Solo Para Ti. There's something about Camila/the Spanish language that makes these songs so beautiful


Besos
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment