Tuesday 15 March 2011

A Year Ago Today

This is exactly what I was thinking a year ago today. That's why I love being a blogger, I can go back to my past posts and look at how different things were. I thought that today, it might be fun to compare last year with today...

Apparently, I was thinking about religion and spirituality this time last year. I still do often think about both of these things, though I think it's perhaps more fuelled by the fact that my Psychology teacher also teaches Religious Studies, and his classroom is filled with posters that I inevitably end up reading when I get very bored when I've finished working. One of my TYSICs was to decide where I stand on religion, and I still really don't know, but I've got about 9 more years to decide it...so I should be alright ;)

I was also thinking about how grateful I was for various things that had happened recently to when the post was published. My coursework that was stolen never did get found. I remember being mainly annoyed because I spent a long time drawing mushroom tarts (my final product) when I really cannot draw to save my life, and then some idiot stole my coursework. It really didn't surprise me because there were two people in my class who would have done anything to mess about...

I find it amusing that this time last year I was also talking about muddling up languages and how one language can often come to you before the one you're looking for... I do this so often now it's almost laughable, and it's not like I speak lots of languages, I just end up knowing words in say, Swedish, and managing to say 'blomma' before 'flor' or 'flower' come into my head. I often begin saying a word in Spanish before realising the people I'm talking to have no idea what it means and going back to English...and I've started having actual thoughts in the Spanish language...such as ''nunca he fumado y nunca fumará'' while I was in the shower, of all places, last week.


It seems that I was also having a rough time this time last year, much like I have had a little for the past week or so. Maybe it's a cyclic thing...


Oh, and by the way, Eric Saade won Melodifestivalen 2011. YES!

Where were YOU a year ago today (or roughly if you don't remember exactly)? :)


Besos
Rachel

3 comments:

  1. I do the same in french!
    It can be quite entertaining when you completely forget what a word is in English :P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also do things like:
    "Yeah, it's en el...cupboard" and "I want una zanahoria" (I want a carrot)
    Go languages geeks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, and I just continue to struggle on with English and occasionally think how would I have said that 20years ago in Scotland (been in England that long!!)
    I would review blog but a old friend came across mine and suggested it sounded like a medical journal! I should maybe start again...
    Yours are always nice to read, even if I have to think about a word or two..

    ReplyDelete