Sunday 6 March 2011

Week in Review

I'm tired. This is despite having slept for 'a long time' last night and Friday night. It may have something to do with the long and fast walk we went on this afternoon, though I set the pace so it's my own fault really.

College was pretty horrific last week, not helped at all by one of the personal tutors telling me he was ''relying on'' me to organise some people for Comic Relief. I hated how it felt like he was just taking advantage of me, he didn't seem to be interested in it at all. Anyway, we had a misunderstanding and I ended up all upset at lunchtime. It wasn't helped by somebody who told me he definitely could help out changing his mind after I'd given the member of staff his name - great, I love it when I can't rely on anybody. Eleanor also just told me that she can't help out, but she genuinely apologised which makes it a lot easier to deal with, and also shows that she isn't just trying to get out of it.

Monday began by my Spanish class finding out we now have to have two speaking sessions per week. I've scheduled my second for Monday, right at the end of lunch, and my first is still first thing Wednesday morning. I hate them but they're better than when Ester has us speaking in class, I always feel completely inferior to every single other person in the room when that happens. Fun stuff...


I'm going on a languages study day in Leeds on Tuesday. I still don't really know what it'll involve but hey, it's a day off college to spend all day thinking about languages - it's like it was made for me... I didn't know anybody else who was going until Wednesday when I met Sophie when I somehow ended up being involved with the relaunch of a new college magazine. She studies AS French and not Spanish, but still, I know somebody/won't be entirely lonely at least :)


I've been in 'one of those moods' all week this week which has been majorly rubbish, but I'm hoping that this week will be better despite exam results on Thursday morning (not even going to explain how much despair I have over my Psychology result, there's no way I've got my predicted grade and I'm dreading the inevitable conversations about it) and then two full days of CoPE on Friday and the following Monday (again, not even going to go into why I HATE the idea of spending two full days doing CoPE with just my form in the same room all day, but I do).


I was planning a big, long post on why I'm so fed up of feeling like I can never give an opinion without people attacking me for it, but I just can't be bothered. It's easier just to sit in the background and pretend I'm not paying attention, even if it is thoroughly dull and not all that pleasant to feel like you can't speak around your friends...


Here's to a better week :)


Besos
Rachel




No comments:

Post a Comment