Wednesday 30 March 2011

No point in moving on if you can't let go

The college bus never fails to fill me with intrigue. I find it amusing that pretty much every single person from my year at school that now goes to my college catches the same bus (LOTS of us) even though it'd be easier for some to catch others. 

It's almost been a year since I left school. That sentence alone is a scary one to write. I'm scared of forgetting how good it was, I'm scared that all of my negativity towards college will just cloud the 5 years that led me to it and I'm scared that college will change me. Laura, a girl I used to work on the school newspaper, Press Gang, with just over a year ago and for many year before that, has started uploading photos to her Facebook in a similar way to how I did last year. I became obsessed with capturing every little moment left of school in photographs, and while I'm SO glad that I did, I know I probably won't look at many of them much ever again.

My final Poland payment is due next Friday, for some reason, tonight, all of a sudden I'm reminded of my World Challenge fundraising. I'm reminded of that moment when I finished my fundraising. I'm reminded of how much lighter my life was when I no longer had to be concerned about fundraising. I'm reminded of my friend Poppy, and how she leaves for India in July sometime, and how she's got the best experience she may have for many years right around the corner for her, and I'm so excited for her to discover the things I did.

I guess I'm just in one of those moods where you just seem to spend a lot of the day reminiscing, I haven't had one of those days in a while. It was probably brought on by an email I sent last night...and will probably end with me getting my box of school stuff out on Friday evening and remembering everything.

College makes everything seem so uncertain, though even though I've wanted to spend at least 3/4 of my time at it so far crying at the state of my life, I've somehow made it this far. I got a B in my mock Spanish oral this morning, I wanted to cry at that as well...though this time out of sheer happiness. I somehow managed to use a bunch of tenses correctly, as well as the fact that out of nowhere, I suddenly found myself able to speak with good pace and barely any pauses. I've been much more motivated yesterday and today, I think that was brought on by getting two of my Media essays finished yesterday. I still have three to do, some extra Spanish homework and some Psychology to buy then complete, but the fact that I have outstanding work to complete if/when I want is good - it means I'm not lacking resources to get things done and learnt properly. I'm also three marks off full marks in my English Language speech analysis, honestly, that coursework is driving me insane.

It's my friend Danny's birthday tomorrow, we have many surprises planned for him (including one that took me 3 hours to prepare today...) - finally, something good in college :)

Besos
Rachel 

No comments:

Post a Comment